Pathetic Ban reasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pathetic Ban reasons

Now, if i was banned from a server for being really good/suspected of being a hacker, Its nothing to post about, happens to lots of people.
    But i was just Banned from a server, because is used the mortars, Which if you ask me is rather pathetic.

Anyone been banned for such an idiotic reason?

Re: Pathetic Ban reasons

Banned for killing people with smoke launchers.

Honestly at first I was pissed off, but it's pretty funny that an admin was so pissed off he banned me for killing him with teh smokez :P

Comment

I thought that EA/Dice said they would have tight control over the servers so they wouldn't have stupid rules, but i guess that wont happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Numptie
        I thought that EA/Dice said they would have tight control over the servers so they wouldn't have stupid rules, but i guess that wont happen.
        Why would they say something retarded like that? Its not like they are going to close down servers over some admin making a no-uav rule. How are they even going to check on the thousand? servers constantly.

Comment

But i was just Banned from a server, because is used the mortars, Which if you ask me is rather pathetic.
          If servers can get away with banning the n00b-tube, then they migh as well include the mortars.
          I am not condoning it, but it was to be expected.

You expect too much. They are not going to spend that kind of cash it would require to patrol the servers.

Comment

we don't ban people for stupid reasons on our server. Only cheaters and abusive players.

Comment

Anyone that pays for the server deserves the right to make whatever rules they see fit. If you don't like the rules go to one of the other 6000 servers. I don't like the sniper class in most games, so guess what, I never go on Sniper Only servers.

In CoD World at War I prefer the servers that are 'tactical'. No UAV, no arty, no dogs, running allowed only when under fire etc etc. When I want the run and gun fest of arty and packs of dogs every few minutes I'll choose a server that enables it, simple.

Comment

Watch the rules of the servers. Some servers don't like "deployment base" camping. Just a rule. Violate it and get kicked. Its their server......their money and they can make the rules.
                There are some real bad admins out there but very few. I dislike the hackers, and I am impatient about PB catching them.

Comment

Originally posted by Roamer
                  Anyone that pays for the server deserves the right to make whatever rules they see fit. If you don't like the rules go to one of the other 6000 servers. I don't like the sniper class in most games, so guess what, I never go on Sniper Only servers.
                  On the other hand, it can be pretty frustating trying to locate a server without arbitary rulesets.
                  EA seems to want their players to have a somewhat consistent experience across servers, even more so in the BC series.

Comment

If EA wants a consistent experience then they should provide servers free of charge.

Comment

I'm not surprised, but still disappointed.

Usually servers have lots of useless rules for admins to abuse and they don't really improve the enjoyability of gameplay.

Comment

This is the reason why I liked the idea of IWnet. I know I speak blasphame, but it was nice to not have to worry about something like this.

Crunch
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                          This is the reason why I liked the idea of IWnet. I know I speak blasphame, but it was nice to not have to worry about something like this.

Crunch
                          OUST THE HERETIC!! :rawr

(jk)

Comment

So it continues. I've always enjoyed getting banned for bunny hopping by people who don't realize jumping once isn't a bunny hop. Or "dolphin diving" because I was running and went prone once.

I'm banned from most of the popular servers on BF2 for hacking and the ones I can play on I've more than likely had to appeal to multiple times. My favorites though are being banned from stuff that could only only happen if you truly "hacked" the server. Stuff like changing the damage a tank shell can do.

Having a server that is "sniper only" is a form of stat padding.

Comment

BAN for no apparent reason.

1) Banned for knifing an admin from the back ( I sneaked past enemy lines)

2) For ramming a UAV into someone (Flew into a room with full of hostiles)

3) For my 1 in 10000000000 lucky shot nailing someone while they come down in a parachute.

Sigh...

It's just a game.

Comment

Working...
                              X