Revive/Death System Annoying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revive/Death System Annoying?

Ok now this is may not be a problem for everyone but its something i find very annoying and i see as a complete step back from BF2 or 2142.

Firstly i will sum up my arguments:

• Once killed, even if revived it counts as a death. This is truly annoying because imo it makes reviving in stupid situations very selfish. The amount of times i have died and am about to respawn when some idiot decides he will get me up in front of 5 enemies to go straight back down again with another death to my name is ridiculous. This wouldn't be a problem if you could decide not to be revived OR if they simply made it so deaths didnt count until you re-spawned again.

• When you die you can be in the selection screen choosing a different class to play as with its various specializations and then all of a sudden you are revived and are straight back in the game with no warning whatsoever, also very annoying.

I dont understand why deaths count now if you are revived and it wouldnt pain me so much if it was how it always was.

What are other peoples opinions on this whole revive/death system?

Re: Revive/Death System Annoying?

That was one thing that bothered me when I first started playing (deaths counting even if you were revived). It certainly has messed with my KDR. I've mostly gotten used to it by now, though. Just think of it as "defeats" rather than actual deaths.

That said, I wouldn't mind if they reverted it to the BF2142 system instead.

Comment

Im not so much worried about my KDR its the fact i dont want to play a round and get plenty of kills only to go down once and have some stupid medics keep reviving me infront of live grenades when all i want to do is STAY DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
        no warning whatsoever, also very annoying.
        I dont understand why deaths count now if you are revived and it wouldnt pain me so much if it was how it always was.

What are other peoples opinions on this whole revive/death system?
        Because you died and the medic revived you. So you still failed.
        Some revives comes at a bad time, but the benefits of no ticket loss and no travel time outweighs that.

I am not in favour of declining revives, because that is just showin the medic the midle finger. alternatively your body should disappear as soon as you select "Join Battle", preventing both revives and wasted effort from the Medics

Comment

I honestly wouldnt care if my deaths didnt count until i respawned again, this for me is the fundamental problem as it makes reviving someone in the heat of battle pointless.

Comment

I don't see how its pointless. You save tickets and have less downtime, which means more soldiers on the frontline.
            Respawning and running back to the action could cost you 20-30 seconds or more, depending on available spawns.

Comment

yet you revive with two full seconds of invulnerability.

Comment

A little question: Do you save a ticket, if you revive someone? if not, it's indeed pointless imo
                And by the way, is there a ticket bleed in conquest mode? (I'm not sure, that's why I'm asking)

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                  I don't see how its pointless. You save tickets and have less downtime, which means more soldiers on the frontline.
                  Respawning and running back to the action could cost you 20-30 seconds or more, depending on available spawns.
                  Or you could just squad hop and spawn further head on the frontline?

And also im pretty sure when you get killed you lose a ticket because i played a game 1 on 1 with a friend on conquest and when i died we lost a ticket instantly?

Comment

There is ticket bleed, but you need all flags on your team, it stops if the flag goes neutral and it's slower than previous ticket bleeds.

At least in Rush you do get a ticket back, haven't really cheked in conquest.

Comment

Originally posted by BleKKie
                      A little question: Do you save a ticket, if you revive someone? if not, it's indeed pointless imo
                      And by the way, is there a ticket bleed in conquest mode? (I'm not sure, that's why I'm asking)
                      No you still lose a ticket and no there is no ticket bleed as far as I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Eglaerinion
                        No you still lose a ticket and no there is no ticket bleed as far as I can tell.
                        There is ticket bleed, go in an empty server, capture all flags, enjoy your win without killing anybody.

Comment

I find the new system very annoying. I checked it out over at the EA Bfbc2 UK forums and saw a lot of people whining about it there.

Maybe it's a bug?

Comment

Its just doesnt make sense to be able to revive someone who is "dead". If its a bug they have kept it hush and it was like it in the beta. I actually think its a product of the engine.

Comment

yeh I don't think it should be a death unless you actually respawn, so many times I do not want to be ressed or I have people getting annoyed because they were revived

something needs to be done about the revive invincibility/100% health thing as well tbh

Comment

Working...
                              X