Getting boring already?Longevity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting boring already?Longevity?

Not quiet bored already but getting there with only a few maps i like, so how do you feel?

I cannot see myself doing 1000+ hours like BF2,I would like to see new maps already added:nod: lol.

Re: Getting boring already?Longevity?

Ya I really want some new maps. These maps are just too small.

Comment

I don't think the game was designed to last for a thousand hours anyways; but I will probably top my combined 300 hours in BF2 and well over the 150 I did on 2142. I have nearly 48 hours of service right now, so I'm on a good track, not feeling bored still with plenty of tactics to try.

Comment

I thought my hours was low in BF2 (around 1500 i think)

Some crazy guys without a life have done 6000 hours(Like wow).

Comment

Well, are you playing this game exclusively? I myself play a lot of STO between my BC2 downtimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
            I thought my hours was low in BF2 (around 1500 i think)

Some crazy guys without a life have done 6000 hours(Like wow).
            I didn't get more time in because I couldn't and then I stopped liking the game. Also I'm already at the highest rank you can achieve without getting all the medals and ribbons; and I'm not about to start playing just for that stuff (you know the ones, you have to get all bronze combat, then all silver, then all gold). There are already a couple of insignias I won't get ever for BC2, because I need all bronze stars, and pins for stationary and handgun kills.
            I'm not about to start camping Isala inocentes with the boats to get my pins, I do what is needed to do to win a round, depending on the situation, all pins I get come naturally during gameplay, sometimes I end rounds with no awards because I change kits often.

I envision this game being fun for about two months past the first nerf; it will certainly hold interest until BF3 is released but I never saw it as a game I'd play for years.

Comment

whats STO mate?,I really only like simulators(car racing and combat flight) oh and i dont mind Total war series.

The only Fps i will play is battlefield or Arma2

Comment

Yep, I'm roughly at 35hrs with all unlocks and I think It's over for me. I play it ocassionally, but I get bored pretty fast... I don't know why. It happened overnight. When It came out I couldn't stop playing, my record is maybe 6hrs without break.

Comment

I got 566hrs with bf2. and 60 hrs with bc2 and 52 hrs with the beta

Comment

Do you think the lack of prone makes it limited to the places you can hide or shoot from?that wont help the hours you contribute and put in, or is it the maps?

(e.g if prone was added there would be 3x the hiding and shooting spots,NO?)Athough i do realize how complex(dence) the maps are..

this is in no way a prone rant again but in bf2 i could make a simple dirt mound a place to make a stand with a pkm or sniper gun that would last minutes.

Comment

Fitting, because your name "rambo" is the opposite of what this game is. In my opinion this is why the game is boring: They dumb down the accuracy, dumb down the weapon fire and make an arcade game with all these team tactics. The majority of the arcade people don't care for team tactics. The majority of the BF people don't care for the arcade feeling. Few people are left in the middle. You've got the people who are just happy to have a new game that isn't COD. The people who were never really good at any FPS but still addicted to play them love the game.

I think its like shadow said this game wasn't meant to be played for a long time. It is to venture into the multiplayer arcade style games but still hold over the BF people for a the time being. I think in the future they will do both. They are going to go heavy into the arcade style games and the battlefield style games. This is just toy to keep both worlds satisfied with new graphics and destruction and trying to appeal as much as possible to both sides.

Comment

over 48 hours and I am still loving it

I always play with friends of mine on Teamspeak and we always have a good laugh while playing

Comment

not even close to being bored. Still got lots of stuff to master.

Comment

I love the game too.

Bored? Wow, you have a short attention span. Rambo, weren't you the guy that started the thread about being 'done' with this game during the Beta? Surprise surprise that you got the full version and now you are bored? Too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Roamer
                              I love the game too.

Bored? Wow, you have a short attention span. Rambo, weren't you the guy that started the thread about being 'done' with this game during the Beta? Surprise surprise that you got the full version and now you are bored? Too funny.
                              I didnt quiet say it was boring yet but it could get that way,I got a copy for free so since ive been playing BF since 2002 i thought i might as well try this out being its not costing me anything.Yes its not my ideal Battlefield but we are all bored of bf2 and starved for a new game right?

Comment

Working...
                              X