Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AT-4: A disappointment?

Originally posted by jimykx
    With the TOW. yes. In the weakspots (normally in its backs)
    Good luck getting a tank pilot to give you the rear end unnoposed.

Comment

The 'air power' in this game is so negligible that there doesn't really need to be any AA. There's only one Conquest map that has helis of any kind, and there are AA stations as well as several vehicles with top turrets that can also do the job. Don't know about Rush since I haven't played it since the beta, but in Conquest unless you're playing Atacama (which, not coincidentally, is by far my favourite Conquest map) you don't even have to worry about aircraft, so just go with what busts up the armor. RPG is more than sufficient for that IMO. As Engineer I always carry the tracer pistol so I never have to forego the added punch of the RPG.

Comment

there's this one map where the enemy sometimes has 3 blackhawks in the air and you defend on an island. although blackhawks don't wreak havoc like the gunships, i still want to take them out they're so annoying.

Comment

Always feels good when you get a nice solid hit on a Blackhawk with a rocket, though. Especially when they dont realise they've been hit and you get a kill or two, but the 100 vehicle destroy bonus is fine too.

Comment

I love the fact you get credit for destroying and damaging vehicles in this game, makes the engineer feel that more useful.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
              The 'air power' in this game is so negligible that there doesn't really need to be any AA. There's only one Conquest map that has helis of any kind, and there are AA stations as well as several vehicles with top turrets that can also do the job. Don't know about Rush since I haven't played it since the beta, .
              Its worse in Rush since you are forced into a small part of the map, and only one side get helicopters.
              The mounted weapons will usually be sniper magnets if they can aim at the helicopters at all. So a bit of portable AA would have been nice.

I dont really see where the AT-4s niche is. I expected it to better at tracking fastmoving vehicles like helicopters, but that doesnt seem to work well.
              The other launchers (with tracer) can can be fire unguided and from the hip, and only require line-of-sight for that short moment takes to plan a tracer.
              You can also kill in two shots with the standard RPG, it does up to 55 damage against a tank.

Comment

I gather we are talking about the last rocket launcher unlock for the engineer class yes? If so its so dam awesome, i have had it a day and already have my gold star for it! So much satisfaction taking out a healthy tank in one or 2 shots to get that double kill feeling

Comment

Originally posted by Lordsethonan
                  SO many times.....

Comment

if you are an ex-pilum user from 2142, you should have no problem tagging the chopper with the dart. After awhile you will be able to just aim in the distance and land the dart most of the time. Not sure the speed of the dart, but its awful close to the speed of the pilum.

Comment

I used the Pilum for killing tanks and the SAAW for killing aircrafts.
                      Because to use unguided weapons, it must be predictable where the target will be 2 seconds from now, and that is rarely the case with Helicopters. Good pilots don't fly in a straight line, and bad pilots cant fly in a straight line. So you either need a weapon that is guided or very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                        Good pilots don't fly in a straight line, and bad pilots cant fly in a straight line.
                        So very very true.

Comment

I laughed out loud Vreki, I did. It's funny cos it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                            I used the Pilum for killing tanks and the SAAW for killing aircrafts.
                            Because to use unguided weapons, it must be predictable where the target will be 2 seconds from now, and that is rarely the case with Helicopters. Good pilots don't fly in a straight line, and bad pilots cant fly in a straight line. So you either need a weapon that is guided or very fast.
                            it's no different than BF2 or BF2142. You have to predict where they are gonna go. Do it enough and it becomes second nature. It's also the same for making those incredible tank to air vehicle shots. Rarely ever will you get a straight on shot. It's all about knowing the enemies tendencies.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordsethonan
                              It matters not. Tow ****s up tanks no matter which end you hit. :P

Comment

Working...
                              X