AT-4: A disappointment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT-4: A disappointment?

I had high hopes for the Engineers guided launcher as an AA weapon, but I will have to say that I am very disappointed.

The exact workings of the missile escapes me, but instead of guiding the actual missile with you crosshair, you are guiding a small targetbox that lags significantly behind your crosshair, which the missile seems to home in on.

It is kind of like teasing a cat with a laserpointer, you never quite know when the cat will pounce at it.
    So imagine having your dog(The missile) trying to catch the cat (The target box) which are hunting the laserpoint (your crosshair) AND at the same time you have to track a remote controlled toy car (Helicopter) with the laser. To achieve success you need to have the dog catch the cat just as the cat pounces the laserpointer on the car. And preferably before the car runs you over.

Does that seem doable? Does anybody feel that the AT-4 is a viable weapon against helicopters? Or other vehicles for that matter?

Re: AT-4: A disappointment?

I agree, I've tried it a few times and was never able to hit a chopper. It's also easier to hit ground targets with rpgs, marking them first if necessary. A disappointment to me as well.

Comment

Wow Vreki is actually complaining for once:shock:

Comment

WEeeeelllll... about the guided missile bazooka, i unlocked it this afternoon and aint quite happy with it neither, even if i just used it a few times. What is fun is that i unlocked it at the same time i unlocked my tracer dart, lol. lvl 12.
        Well for taking down helis i havent tryed it but i dont think so.. has u sayed , not just about all that tricky pointing but its about time, the missile just doesnt travel fast enough so for anti aircrafting i think ill stick to the m2 or whatever the second bazooka is called.

Comment

It really does seem quite slow compared to the Gustav. You seem to have to lead the chopper a fair bit and also guide the sluggish missile into it. I've downed about 3-4 black hawks with it so far but I'm still not quite confident in this as an AA weapon, or even as an anti tank weapon.

Comment

i wish it was something like an heat-seeking projectile so that we can take down choppers.
            i thought for sure BC2 was going to have infantry AA weapon...

btw, i have been having some success taking down choppers with my RPG. only when they fly low though.

Comment

I've had more success (which is to say very little) tagging helis with the tracer and then using the RPG to kill them. I've yet to hit one with a dumbfire RPG. If you tag it with a tracer, however, he's as good as dead unless he flies completely out of your range. I don't know how long an RPG will track a heli but I traced a heli, shot the RPG, reloaded the RPG and was already walking towards the next base when I got confirmation of destroying a vehicle and getting two kills. That's about a 10 second track. Then again I've had SAAW missiles track my gunship for about 15 seconds, so I guess neither of these weapons have any sort of finite fuel.

Comment

yea i've been trying that and it's almost impossible getting the dart on the darn chopper. only done it like twice out of like at least 100 shots i taken at choppers.

Comment

I dont know :cry:

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I will always think Dester combat on 42 and BFv had the best hand held anit air option,with a few AA stinger pick ups around the map only so too balance it well:nod:

POE had this too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                      I will always think Dester combat on 42 and BFv had the best hand held anit air option,with a few AA stinger pick ups around the map only so too balance it well:nod:

POE had this too.
                      The point here is not that there is not a viable AA solution for infantry, the complaint is there is no tactical advantage to choose a guided missile over equipping the tracer dart and tagging choppers, since that turns the RPG7 into a fire and forget missile; so really there is no point in using a rocket launcher that you have to go in the open to get a clear view of your target, is not better or faster at taking down armor either.

Comment

I don't think it was intended for anti-air use... or was it? Can't remember what it says ingame. I kinda like it, but nothing beats the RPG and tracer dart!

The Gustav has lower damage on vehicles than the RPG but it's nice for blowing holes in walls and infantry.

Comment

I actually quite like it! Not so much for the AA side of things but if you use it along with the extra damage from explosives specialization then 2 hits and a tank is gone.

Comment

is it possible to 1 hit kill a tank at full health?

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                              is it possible to 1 hit kill a tank at full health?
                              With the TOW. yes. In the weakspots (normally in its backs)

Comment

Working...
                              X