Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: in-game pings

Originally posted by [29ID]A|CPT.Juno{XX}
    Ping , is a measurement of how long it takes to send and receive a single packet of information.
    Yeah, as in "round trip."

The in-game latency is longer because the server has to process those packets. The return takes more time.

Comment

its the amount of time it takes for your packet to be received, analyzed by the hamster and then received back.

Comment

"Q: High pings even on local game servers. We're actually showing game latency instead of ping.

A: This is basically how far behind the client is compared to the server. We try to keep the server a small portion in front of the clients so they in most cases can use replicated data until they get the next ghost update from the server. If they get a lag spike they will start predicting the state when they run out of information, however, the basic idea is to smooth out the experience compared to everything having to be corrected when the predictions are slightly off."

So I wasn't too far off.

Comment

My server browser won't even show the pings. My KD ratio is horrible because I can't find a game under 400 ping. Joining a server is a total guessing game because I don't know which servers have a lower ping until I get into them. I'm starting to feel like this game was a waste of money. Hopefully these issues get fixed in the latest update.

Comment

Run the game as an administrator to see pings in the server browser.

Comment

Originally posted by messfeeder
              My server browser won't even show the pings. My KD ratio is horrible because I can't find a game under 400 ping. Joining a server is a total guessing game because I don't know which servers have a lower ping until I get into them. I'm starting to feel like this game was a waste of money. Hopefully these issues get fixed in the latest update.
              you need to run it as administrator to show the pings. dunno why they don't make it like that to begin with.

Comment

Working...
              X