Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light machine guns.

Fixed: Topic title was supposed to be Light machine guns, not heavy

Let me start by saying i always use light machine guns in game. I have come to realize that they are too accurate at long ranges. You should not be able to double tap people from over 500 yards with them. I know this game does not go for extreme realism, but even my old drill sgt, which was an airborne ranger, could not hit targets reliably at that distance. Im not saying that their power should be reduced, but IMO i think dice needs to tone down their accuracy from long ranges. Combined with the power of the gun, and the ability to hit from that far, it makes them the ultimate weapon. High round capacity, with a 7.62 round just isnt right. Thoughts?

Re: Heavy machine guns.

They do seem a bit overpowered, but they're don't usually seem to be too many of them placed around the maps and usually they're in a location where you can get around them if need be.

Comment

No no, im talking about the ones we can carry around, not the emplaced ones.

Comment

I don't mind player HMGs, just use cover and duck often.

I do mind the stationary ones.

Can we add the overheating element to them? Maybe fire for 10 seconds and it needs 3 seconds to cool?

The stationary HMG, newbies kept spraying them, literally pinning my entire squad down until a squad sniper took it out.

Same thing goes with the tank.

Comment

I thought that in BF games the HMGs are usually a lower fire rate so they are at a bit of a disadvantage in closer quarters?

Comment

Well all of the medic guns have varying degress of accuracy, I will have to disagree. I think all the guns have a decent level of accuracy, and If you dont like the gun your using, choose another. There is so many options for weaponry, and I have like a thousand different ways that I can play each class.

To accurate ? Are you really saying that the game is to easy ?

Comment

No, but it is easy to pick people of from distance with them. With the magnum upgrade on the PKM, i can literally use 2-5 rounds, and be done with them. I am far from an elitist, but in the hands of someone comfortable with the gun, they are pretty much a sniper rifle with a high capactiy magazine.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Originally posted by messfeeder
              I thought that in BF games the HMGs are usually a lower fire rate so they are at a bit of a disadvantage in closer quarters?
              See the MG3

Comment

Originally posted by (3SA)B|Rec.TAMPA
                No no, im talking about the ones we can carry around, not the emplaced ones.
                Oh. Then you mean light machine gun.

I was under the impression that the only HMGs were the mounted ones and all the medic guns were LMGs...

Comment

Woops! Yep, totally screwed that one up. You are right it is light machine guns.

Comment

Originally posted by (3SA)B|Rec.TAMPA
                    Woops! Yep, totally screwed that one up. You are right it is light machine guns.
                    OK. You had me worried for a moment there. I always second guess myself on things like this that I don't pay much attention too.

Back on topic then:
                    They are overpowered at a distance in comparison with assault rifles, but at closer ranges I think the assault rifles still hold their own.

Since I unlocked the AUG I've been playing assault exclusively. (although I might start using medic more if I get around to unlocking the 4x sight....)

Comment

They are powerful yes, but they are supposed to be.

Like any guy, if you crouch, line up your shot, and wait for it, your going to have good accuracy the first few bursts out of the gun. Especially if you continue to fire in burst mode.

I think they are right on par with the rest of the weapons considering their use.

Comment

Re: Light machine guns.

They are also meant for supression fire. If they overheat then that goes out the window. Also Jake is right whereas up close the lmgs are not that great and assault guy will kill you without much isssue.

If you overheat them or tone down the distance, you now end up with a gun thats not good up close or far away.

Crunch
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Lets not forget the really long reload time.

Comment

I have a problem with the stationary MGs, when i try to use them i cant see anything because the little glass open shield at the front is greyed out? Whats with that and is it a GFX glitch?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                              I have a problem with the stationary MGs, when i try to use them i cant see anything because the little glass open shield at the front is greyed out? Whats with that and is it a GFX glitch?
                              Its a glitch from having your settings on DX9.

Crunch
                              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                              X