Friends on friends list disappeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Friends on friends list disappeared

And yet it happens with many games every season.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Kodakk
      Yes, because a series should be associated with being buggy. Solid argument you've got there.

I don't care how buggy the previous games were, it's not an excuse for this crap that has happened with BC2. A completely broken server browser, constant CTD's, various ingame bugs, it's clearly just not a polished game. It doesn't matter if BF2, BF2142, or any other games were like that - it's simply unethical to sell people a clearly unpolished product.
      Dude, computers are so weird... theres no way they're going to nab everything. It's impossible.

The server browser however, just makes me want to shoot someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
        Dude, computers are so weird... theres no way they're going to nab everything. It's impossible.

The server browser however, just makes me want to shoot someone.
        Everything possible is completely different from the myriad of issues that BC2 has. Maybe my standards are just too high, but there was a time when I bought games that were polished - they may not have been perfect - but the main features worked. The server browser is a key component of the game, and for it to be completely dysfunctional is ludicrous.

Alas, the mantra nowadays is "deal with it" rather than actually demanding that the developers put out quality content and do extensive testing on a variety of setups.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodakk
          Everything possible is completely different from the myriad of issues that BC2 has. Maybe my standards are just too high, but there was a time when I bought games that were polished - they may not have been perfect - but the main features worked. The server browser is a key component of the game, and for it to be completely dysfunctional is ludicrous.

Alas, the mantra nowadays is "deal with it" rather than actually demanding that the developers put out quality content and do extensive testing on a variety of setups.
          "When I was a kid..."

Since they updated the servers and whatnot I haven't had ANY problems with the server browser not working. None. Plus, the game itself is extremely well polished compared to other BF games on launch. The current issues are much easier to patch than glaring bugs and balance issues in gameplay. I'd rather have the issues we currently have than it be like the BF2142 release.

Comment

Let me guess: your friends list didn't disappear either? Right jake_? Because NOTHING has gone wrong with this game for you. Somehow you're playing a game that never has any connectivity issues, the server browser is lightning-fast, and you can see the whole map while flying Russian helicopters.

Sorry Kodakk, jake_ says the game is perfect, no problems at all. Anyone who has had any trouble with the server browser or connectivity is just stupid, lying, or looking for problems where there aren't any. And stating that there are problems will just piss people off. That's what he told me, at least. Looks like the discussion is over. Go ahead and delete the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
              Let me guess: your friends list didn't disappear either? Right jake_? Because NOTHING has gone wrong with this game for you. Somehow you're playing a game that never has any connectivity issues, the server browser is lightning-fast, and you can see the whole map while flying Russian helicopters.
              Learn to read.

I said since the latest server updates. I thought it was already clear to everyone that the friends list issue happened as a result of the server updates. It happened across the board and isn't a glitch that will randomly happen to different people at different time.

I never said the game was perfect, either, but apparently you seem to think that the game is a complete wreck for everyone. I guess you think no one is ever actually playing the game and I'm just lying?

Edit: I also didn't say the server browser was perfect. I meant to imply that I wasn't having any problems looking for and connecting to servers. I apologize if that fact offends you.

Comment

Working...
              X