Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Explosive+Sniper=Fail

Originally posted by Vreki
    Then take away the sniper rifle. They do too many things too well on their own.
    It would be different if the sniper rifle was something awesome, but they are not. If the recon is camping and sniping, he is not planting C4.

You take away the sniper rifles from the class and they have no "real" weapons then. They have a tommy gun they found in a trench in WW2 and some shotguns every class has. They would be nothing then and could just be deleted and the C4 passed on to the medics.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
      <sarcasm>
      Ideal recon kit:
      1 pistol grip shotgun
      2 Sniper rifle that shoots tank shell
      3 noob tube attachment that shoots sticky C4.
      4 radar ball
      5 motar strike
      6 heal pack
      7 ammo pack
      8 wrench
      9 mobile UAV remote control
      </sarcasm>
      Looks a bit underpowered

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
      It would be different if the sniper rifle was something awesome, but they are not. If the recon is camping and sniping, he is not planting C4.

You take away the sniper rifles from the class and they have no "real" weapons then. They have a tommy gun they found in a trench in WW2 and some shotguns every class has. They would be nothing then and could just be deleted and the C4 passed on to the medics.

Crunch
      G3, M14.

Comment

Around 75% of the player base seems to disagree with that.
        There may be little point in using C4 while you are sniping, but they can change on they fly whenever they want.

You take away the sniper rifles from the class and they have no "real" weapons then. They have a tommy gun they found in a trench in WW2 and some shotguns every class has.
        Give them a silenced SMG, that is the weapon for spec-ops.
        They would be nothing then and could just be deleted and the C4 passed on to the medics.
        Deleting the Recon class? All in favor say "aye"!

Comment

Aye

Comment

Nope but it was better in BF2142 with a dedicated carbine, invisibility, decoy, more possibilities for sure.

As for the class in BC2, don't take C4 if you're going to snipe the mortar is more useful in 90% of the maps, and don't take a sniper rifle if you're going to use your C4.

Comment

I think Recon should be forced to choose between the sniper rifle and C4 too.
              Totally agree, as it stands something needs to be done, give them a SMG maybe for spec ops so they have something until they unlock the more powerful all kit weapons later on.

Comment

Well thankfully the guys at DICE have already said they are not changing the class.

Yes, they can change to C4 on the fly, but how many do it?

How many Assault guys change to 40mm on the fly?

A little off topic; has there been any game made where a sniper rifled class is not overpowered or ever complained about?

So why does everyone think this class is overpowered? Is it because recon is dominating and the overall kit used in BC2 so it must be overpowered? Or is it not overpowered but everyone is using it and its a lone wolf class that doesnt help the team?

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

So why does everyone think this class is overpowered? Is it because recon is dominating and the overall kit used in BC2 so it must be overpowered? Or is it not overpowered but everyone is using it and its a lone wolf class that doesnt help the team?
                  A combination. The class is simply too versatile, and caters to the kind of people who dont care much for teamwork or the "feel" of the game.
                  It was exactly the same in BF2142, recons would gladly kill half their own team if they could get credit for blowing the core.

With regards to the "overpowered" part, I think it is ridculous so many recons that have started to use the sniper rifle as a hipfiring CQB weapon. There need to be some serious deviation added there.

The poularity off the class is both a syptom of the problem, and a problem in itself. Because the game becomes seriously unfunny for the rest of the players when 10 snipers on each side are camping them. Many of the maps have desings that actually encourages this.

Comment

A combination. The class is simply too versatile, and caters to the kind of people who dont care much for teamwork or the "feel" of the game.
                    It was exactly the same in BF2142, recons would gladly kill half their own team if they could get credit for blowing the core.

With regards to the "overpowered" part, I think it is ridculous so many recons that have started to use the sniper rifle as a hipfiring CQB weapon. There need to be some serious deviation added there.

The poularity off the class is both a syptom of the problem, and a problem in itself. Because the game becomes seriously unfunny for the rest of the players when 10 snipers on each side are camping them. Many of the maps have desings that actually encourages this.
                    I agree with the firing from the hip crap. No way you should be able to use the sniper rifle that way.

Comment

Originally posted by RedxInk
                      Why, do you always eat the crap they feed you with a spoon?
                      Oh I forgot we were dealing with a girl.

Comment

Its a recon class. it came up in bf2142 has a mi between : Sniper + special forces thats why it can use other weapons that arent just sniper and it uses stuff like c4.

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Originally posted by cptaincrunch
                        ? Or is it not overpowered but everyone is using it and its a lone wolf class that doesnt help the team?

Crunch
                        pwn

Comment

Recon is my least played class. I like to be in the action killing stuff, not stting behind some god for saken rock hoping some guy is gonna poke his head out.

Comment

I love the recon class!

I got a 363 point Marksman headshot the other day on someone running at me. It was sweeeeeet.

Comment

I think it's more about the glorification sniper marksmen get in fiction. The cool, serene soldier that stays awake for days, waiting for his mark to show up and then BOOM! HEADSHOT! when a more realistic protrayal would be two poor guys enduring wind and rain, sand, not eating, ****ting in their pants if need be to remain hidden and unconspicious, only for their mark to appear and get the order "don't shoot" and back track all the way to a pick up zone.
                              I blame Saving Private Ryan for the most cool on film sniper I have ever seen, aside from Vasili from Enemy at the Gates. Watch those pictures in tandem and tell me you won't want to come play a sniper and be cool like them. It helps if you completely sidetrack the character from saving private ryan and start ranting non sensical passages that sound religious or biblical "Guide my hands lord, as I free this server from the noobies, thank you almighty for the low ranks that come out of cover with their backs facing me, let your will be done and get the pwn going. I fear not the ban hammer cos your is the only justice..."
                              Suffice to say, the only way the nazis could deal with that guy was using a bigger sniper rifle: a tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordsethonan
                                Suffice to say, the only way the nazis could deal with that guy was using a bigger sniper rifle: a tank.
                                Yeah, but if he had C4 on top of that, he would have pwned everybody and the movie would have ended right there.
                                And that wouldn't have been much fun for the rest of the actors, now would it?

"Nerf the Snipers, we didn't even get to my part":
                                And the cunning retort: "Learn2Act, n00b"

Comment

Working...
                                X