My Review of BC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Review of BC2

there's also a lot of atmospheric effects and weather effects that i'm sure tax the hardware a lot. all the dust, wind, water movement and splashing, and movement of vegetations, all these tax the hardware. and yeah having played with GEO mod in RF, i know how demanding destruction is, although i would say GEO mod destruction is more extensive than BC2.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
      Wow, you didnt like it? I am really shocked. /sarcasm

I am now using my "I told you so." card.

:wee:

Crunch
      Seems he enjoys it and rated it an 8.5

Comment

I love how everybody is picking apart my review solely because I can't run it on completely high graphics. Does anybody play the game for anything other than the graphics? Squad play, vehicles, etc. - just wondering, seeing as absolutely nobody has agreed/disagreed with anything I said.

And Crunch, I do enjoy it, so I'm not completely upset at paying $50 - I just wish it was a tad more polished.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodakk
          I love how everybody is picking apart my review solely because I can't run it on completely high graphics. Does anybody play the game for anything other than the graphics? Squad play, vehicles, etc. - just wondering, seeing as absolutely nobody has agreed/disagreed with anything I said.
          Well, you don't really make any strong statements that can cause arguments. Just observations of what most of us already know.
          You cant really except "The grass is green" to cause much of a debate.

Try saying something about how MW2 is better

Comment

And Crunch, I do enjoy it, so I'm not completely upset at paying $50 - I just wish it was a tad more polished.
            I didnt pick your review apart. I think it is what I thought you would think it would be. I am glad you are enjoying it, but from all the years of reading your posts and videos and all that, I am not surprised by what you stated.

Also, I hope I did not offend you as my post was more meant as a joke. I think this review is exactly what you experienced. I think Vreki is right though, why do you think MW2 is better?

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

When did I say MW2 was better? MW2 is garbage.

Call of Duty 4, on the other hand, looks pretty good (better with promod colors), has better hit registry (for me), and I get proper surround sound. My main pont is that I just can't stand looking at BC2 with the glow, it reminds me of GRAW and just looks extremely fake, which makes the graphics appear worse in my opinion.

And Crunch, I wasn't referring to you as somebody who picked the review apart.

Originally posted by Vreki
              Well, you don't really make any strong statements that can cause arguments. Just observations of what most of us already know.
              You cant really except "The grass is green" to cause much of a debate.

Try saying something about how MW2 is better
              I wouldn't say that the squad system is abysmal is similar to stating "the grass is green." Would you?

Comment

You never said it, I thought Vreki had a good idea and you should go with it.

So you are saying that CoD maps and graphics, such as found in MW2, are better than BC2?

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                  You never said it, I thought Vreki had a good idea and you should go with it.

So you are saying that CoD maps and graphics, such as found in MW2, are better than BC2?

Crunch
                  Call of Duty graphics (CoD4 w/ promod colors, not stock maps. MW2 was not much of an improvement, so that's why I use CoD4 promod as my example) = more appealing and pleasing to the eye than Bad Company 2. Clearly not as detailed graphics and textures.

Bad Company 2 = good graphics and more detail, but the obnoxious and prominent glow/shine gives me a headache - so they're good, but not appealing, this includes the bright colors on the HUD.

I like the games to "flow" and feel right. Bad Company just completely fails in that department, for me. The movement seems awkward - being unable to strafe left/right as you move forward like you can in CoD4 kills me (as an example). And no, I don't want BC2 to be CoD4, I just make the comparison as a lot can be learned from that game.

Make sense?

Comment

Hahaha, the game definitely isn't the masterpiece that CoD4 was... but I enjoy it. I understand your point about the flow - and it flows freaking perfectly on the Xbox... with the increased damage... just saying...

Comment

Call of Duty graphics (CoD4 w/ promod colors, not stock maps. MW2 was not much of an improvement, so that's why I use CoD4 promod as my example) = more appealing and pleasing to the eye than Bad Company 2. Clearly not as detailed graphics and textures.

Bad Company 2 = good graphics and more detail, but the obnoxious and prominent glow/shine gives me a headache - so they're good, but not appealing, this includes the bright colors on the HUD.

I like the games to "flow" and feel right. Bad Company just completely fails in that department, for me. The movement seems awkward - being unable to strafe left/right as you move forward like you can in CoD4 kills me (as an example). And no, I don't want BC2 to be CoD4, I just make the comparison as a lot can be learned from that game.

Make sense?
                      The gloom I can understand; but strafing was never in any previous BF game, so why is it an issue?

Comment

my guess is because they try to make BC2 like MW in many ways so that's what some expected.

Comment

MW1 definitely wins in the single player campaign hands down, but multplayer? Definitely not in my mind. I put quite a few hours into MW1, trying to give it a chance, but I just absolutely hated it coming off of BF2142 (and TF2, lol). I would play maybe 45-60 minutes at a time and then just have no interest whatsoever in playing any further.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                            MW1 definitely wins in the single player campaign hands down, but multplayer? Definitely not in my mind. I put quite a few hours into MW1, trying to give it a chance, but I just absolutely hated it coming off of BF2142 (and TF2, lol). I would play maybe 45-60 minutes at a time and then just have no interest whatsoever in playing any further.
                            If we consider all technical aspects of the game, its one of the landmarks of multiplayer gaming. Balance, functionality, immersion. The game was designed by a perfectionist. I disliked single player, though. STALKER is much more fun.

Comment

Working...
                            X