Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will my 2 year old system run BC2? Please view.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will my 2 year old system run BC2? Please view.....

DUDES. i'm using a nvidia geforce 130 M GT a 2.66ghz dualcore and 4gb ram and when playing b bfbc2 my pc starts to frie. it starts to be really really hot. I'm using the lastest nvidia driver and i heard it had some overheating problems. is it the graphic update??? is it my system??? what it is???

Comment

something like
      http://www.computeronline.com.au/pro...125&PROD=27562

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Originally posted by jimykx
      DUDES. i'm using a nvidia geforce 130 M GT a 2.66ghz dualcore and 4gb ram and when playing b bfbc2 my pc starts to frie. it starts to be really really hot. I'm using the lastest nvidia driver and i heard it had some overheating problems. is it the graphic update??? is it my system??? what it is???
      New Nvidia drivers are reported to fry a GPU. Id roll back to the ones you used before. Same goes with new ATi drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
        Roll back like Tampa said.

But you ARE playing on a laptop. Are you using any sort of external cooling? That's really a must for laptop gaming. You can get a little fan platform thingy to keep your laptop cool for pretty cheap. I have a friend who games on his laptop and he has to use it when he plays games for any stretch of time to avoid overheating.

Comment

Thnx for all teh reply guys. Just getting back to my original post without all teh thread hijacks......would it be worth it to upgrade my CPU alone on my current motherboard to get some more juice?

I'm just weighing my options on what I need to do to get a system playing at medium settings. If I get a new motherboard then it a can of worms with new CPU, new RAM etc and could be costly. Unfortunately since I haven't stayed on top of the latest hardware, I'm a little lost on what a budget upgrade may involve...especially CPUs and mobos....so many models and I haven't a clue mainly because the specs are in Intel jargon and I've been a AMD so I don't know how they compare.....then there teh $60 xbox version ack! I'd rather play PC.

Comment

nvidia's mobile driver is different from desktop one. No need of worry for him.

Comment

Originally posted by GrampaBob
              Thnx for all teh reply guys. Just getting back to my original post without all teh thread hijacks......would it be worth it to upgrade my CPU alone on my current motherboard to get some more juice?

I'm just weighing my options on what I need to do to get a system playing at medium settings. If I get a new motherboard then it a can of worms with new CPU, new RAM etc and could be costly. Unfortunately since I haven't stayed on top of the latest hardware, I'm a little lost on what a budget upgrade may involve...especially CPUs and mobos....so many models and I haven't a clue mainly because the specs are in Intel jargon and I've been a AMD so I don't know how they compare.....then there teh $60 xbox version ack! I'd rather play PC.
              It depends on how much money you want to spend. You could easily get a new mobo and Core 2 Duo processor right now for not too much. That would let your run the game well. I'm running it on mid/high settings at 1280x1024 with no problems and I have a 2.8ghz CPU, 2gb RAM and a 8800GT.
              Then upgrade your RAM and GFX card as you have extra money.

It would be a mid-range upgrade at this point, but that would be more than enough to get by in any game for a while.

Comment

Working...
              X