What we think so far...truthfully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What we think so far...truthfully

it has its moments but there is something that annoys me. there's some jerkiness when firing guns that annoys me and i don't know if it's recoil or bad performance. i'm guessing that's how it's supposed to be but it just doesn't feel smooth and uniform when i am moving my gun's aim around the screen. and if the infantry combat had MW type of clean hit detection/registration, it would be so much more awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
      The Carl Gustav is a freaking Recoilless Rifle. Of course it burns things behind you. IRL, you can't even fire this thing in doors unless the rear vents into an opening. And you really need to see it fires. The fireball comes out from both ends. Awesome.
      LOL well yeah, I'm sure it's like that IRL, but in the context of the game the fact that it sets fire to anything you're standing on makes it worthless. There are no vehicles that move fast enough to warrant needing a guided projectile (unless you use it on humans in which case the AS50 or Springfield is far more efficient) and even if they did the projectile moves so slowly that whatever you're shooting at will be gone before the missile gets there unless it's fairly close in which case the RPG would be enough since it's faster and you don't have to stand in one place to guide it. It's good when enemies use it, though, because it's so slow and leaves this huge trail of flames that makes it easy to spot the guy who shot it and snipe him before the missile even gets close, and when you kill the guy the missile just completely spazzes out. FC2 does have its lulz.

Kind of like when antelope and zebras run into parked vehicles and die.

Comment

I think it's pretty awesome for being a console port.

I have some small complaints, but overall I'm having lots of fun. Only major complaint is the login server issues that prevented me from playing.

Comment

What do I think:

The multiplayer is ridiculously addictive, I've been playing pretty much every spare moment I've had.
          I'll be honest and say that the games presentation is poor however, there are bugs in here that simply should not exist in a retail release, there are even bugs that weren't present in last months beta. This coupled with the troubles that have been occurring with the EA master servers and rampant punkbuster issues are going to leave a sour taste in the mouths of people new to the Battlefield franchise. Obvious signs of a rushed release to earn some quick cash for EA before the end of the fiscal year.

Comment

The SP is hugely disappointing, the story itself was poorly explained and seemed rushed. The humour is still there but it's no where near as good in BC2 so much better in the first you don't learn that much more about the characters as much as you do in BC1, why is Haggard not running off and blowing **** up like in the first??

IMO it feels as if man power was taken away from the SP to concentrate on the MP which is a lot better than BC1 far more stable, much better balanced better maps and much more enjoyable experience, especially not it's where it belongs on the PC.

Comment

The longest I played today was about 3 hours and it was pretty good, the only thing I hate is how long it takes to load the server list apart from that it's grand

Comment

I was finally able to spend some real time with it yesterday and have to say that I began to get the hang of things and enjoyed it. I had a great round on Panama Canal upgunning for a pretty skilled guy in a Bradley. I went 20/0 in k/d and was had medals dropping in like crazy - my favorite was the "nemisis" medal.

Anyway, there are some technical issues, but I think they will get sorted out in due time - the point made above about BF2 and 2142 at release plus 1 week was good.

I do think that squad cohesiveness has been reduced and there seems to be a complete lack on communication during play, but I think that will correct itself as guys get more experienced and get a few more goodies in their inventory.

Comment

As a game, I love it. When the stars are aligned and the servers are up while I'm off work and awake, I'm playing it. I've played for 24 hours since release. It's highly addicting, and a great game in my opinion.

My main gripes are about the login servers. I hate the, "just wait a month and it will get better like BF2 and BF2142 did," theory. The main reasons those got better after a month revolved around less peak players logging in to overload the servers. Nothing was fixed. People just quit playing. That's not the right answer...

Another slight technical issue for me is mouse smoothing. My aim feels like it's on a grid. The only way I've seen to fix it makes vehicles impossible to use, so it's not a viable fix.

Obviously I love the game. If I didn't, I wouldn't play it nearly as much as I do. I loved MW2, as well. The times when I could play with no hackers or lag kept me trying to find those rounds again. Eventually those rounds were so hard to find that I quit playing altogether. I hope that doesn't happen to this game. For it to die due to poor server support, and not because of anything Dice did wrong in making it, would be a real shame.

Comment

I am a bit disappointed about the rush game mode. On many maps the defender lacks proper cover and equipment.
                    Port Valdez was very well balanced for Rush mode, but on many others the defenders have nothing but wooden huts and unshielded stationary weapons.

Comment

i think they need to do more to optimize it for PC. hopefully by the time BF3 is ready, the engine will be fully optimized on the PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                        i think they need to do more to optimize it for PC. hopefully by the time BF3 is ready, the engine will be fully optimized on the PC.
                        What do you mean by "optimize?" It's running just fine for me, and there is a guy in my clan running with an 8600GT and a 4400X2 who is able to play on DX9 on all low settings.

I don't think you can expect miracles. They've done a pretty good job of making the game work on a wide range of systems. Some people with high-end systems are still having performance issues, and no one knows what is causing it. There has to be some kind of common thread to chase and fix the problem. But I'm seeing generally positive experiences from everyone in my clan.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                          What do you mean by "optimize?" It's running just fine for me, and there is a guy in my clan running with an 8600GT and a 4400X2 who is able to play on DX9 on all low settings.

I don't think you can expect miracles. They've done a pretty good job of making the game work on a wide range of systems. Some people with high-end systems are still having performance issues, and no one knows what is causing it. There has to be some kind of common thread to chase and fix the problem. But I'm seeing generally positive experiences from everyone in my clan.
                          This, precisely; more optimization so when you haev to upgrade you won't run into these problems. I'm saving for a dual 5970 system, or whatever aTI has out by the december, I plan on buying a 5770 next month so my E8400 isn't that much of a bottle neck; but I'm aiming for an i7 system with crossfire; yet now I have my doubts since right now it doesn't help much with BC2. and nah, asking for better performance on celerons and low Core2Duo processors is a bit silly, we'd like to see better optimization for sli and crossfire; suppodsely framerate is unlocked in the PC version.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordsethonan
                            we'd like to see better optimization for sli and crossfire
                            I'm pretty sure SLI and Crossfire support come from Forceware and Catalyst drivers, though. What can Dice do about that other than give the game to them so they can create the drivers?

Comment

Lol I just checked your sig, I'm giving your server a try.

Comment

Working...
                              X