How could they rank so fast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How could they rank so fast?

I got slaughtered yesterday with KDR below 0.5. Some of those killers are ranked 10 and above, while I just got my first rank. The game has been released for only 3 and half days. Don't these people sleep, work, eat, drink talk to their family or take a shower?

Re: How could they rank so fast?

I'm rank 9 and I haven't played anywhere near as much as I would on a normal release, damn you work. It's not very hard, just have a good spm.

Comment

You dont need to have a good KDR to rank quickly, If you actually help your team by dropping ammo/health reviving/repairing you get lots of points if you do it for a round, Its not all about killing.

Well, that was my impression from playing the Beta, not sure if its changed in release.

Comment

Originally posted by H4yd3n
        I'm rank 9 and I haven't played anywhere near as much as I would on a normal release, damn you work. It's not very hard, just have a good spm.
        I thought you were age 16 or 17 by now. I didn't know that they have child labor in People's Republic of Kalifornia.

Comment

Still, that's the thing with a stat based shooter. People will be instantly hooked and play for hours without let up. Never fails.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
            I thought you were age 16 or 17 by now. I didn't know that they have child labor in People's Republic of Kalifornia.
            College work.

Also, a good way to get lots of points is as Numptie said, play a support role. I remember in the beta being able to rack up lots of points by playing medic and just healing/reviving. The game is about having fun though, not ranking, so just do what you enjoy and eventually you'll rank up.

Comment

Originally posted by Numptie
              You dont need to have a good KDR to rank quickly, If you actually help your team by dropping ammo/health reviving/repairing you get lots of points if you do it for a round, Its not all about killing.

Well, that was my impression from playing the Beta, not sure if its changed in release.
              Why those images ?

Comment

Once you start unlocking stuff you get even more points, looking at the strategy guide (small portion of it is viewable here) http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com....php?id=161948

it shows rank #47 has a point cap of 3,900,000 points. I can't read the last few but it looks like it might go up to 100 million points.

Comment

I just ranked up to level 9.

Comment

Originally posted by H4yd3n
                    College work.
                    *sigh* tell me about it. I have hardly had time to play more than an hour since release. I had a midterm this week and finals in less than 2 weeks! Ridiculous!

I don't think a rank of 10 is that crazy though. They game has been out for quite a few days at this point. I imagine it would be easy to get a much higher rank if you're skilled and played several hours every day.

Comment

I've been home sick and playing a lot and I'm still only rank 6 or so... seen a couple of rank 18 guys, nuts.

Can't blame them though the game is awesomeee.

Comment

noob hill made ranking up in beta easy. Just sit up there and res people. If the other team had good counter-snipers, you could really bring in the points without firing a single shot.

Comment

I played against a rank 20 yesterday. He was with a bunch of his clan buddies but they were all lower ranked. One round he had 330 points before more than one person on our team even had any. How do you get 330 points before you even meet the enemy?

Some people on the leaderboards have played an average of 12h per day. This game is fun, yes, but holy snot. What rank do you have to be to unlock the colostomy bag so you no longer have to get up to relieve yourself?

Comment

As a medic you can go 0/100 and still end up first place. KDR is not important as teamwork.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                              *sigh* tell me about it. I have hardly had time to play more than an hour since release. I had a midterm this week and finals in less than 2 weeks! Ridiculous!

I don't think a rank of 10 is that crazy though. They game has been out for quite a few days at this point. I imagine it would be easy to get a much higher rank if you're skilled and played several hours every day.
                              Wait until you guys to get REAL jobs.

Originally posted by Corvic
                              noob hill made ranking up in beta easy. Just sit up there and res people. If the other team had good counter-snipers, you could really bring in the points without firing a single shot.
                              Would be easier had the defib is not an unlock. I probably am still 2000 medic points away from unlocking it.

Comment

Working...
                              X