Ubisofts New DRM cracked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ubisofts New DRM cracked

I dident knew about it thill i got the game AC2 i got pretty frustrated with it .

Comment

Originally posted by Numptie
      thing is, you can load steam in offline mode to play single player games, With the Ubicuk DRM you cant play if the ubisuck servers go down, Which is absolutely crap.
      I've been playing with AC2 since it unlocked in the US, I haven't had a problem with the servers going down. I'd much rather have this than that burner-killer StarForce (remember that folks?) anyday. Also I'm reading on the torrent sites that the cracks are getting into the game, but there's parts of the game that have to be downloaded from the servers, so they aren't working 100% yet, which is going to kill pre-zero day piracy, which I think Ubi Soft would be pretty happy with.

Their servers went offline recently due to a ddos attack and Ubisofts servers were posted to encourage others to do it to force them to make it so that people can play offline.
      And any butthurt pirate that DDOSed the servers are no better than Ubi is.

Comment

Originally posted by signa
        so they should just give in to piracy?
        No, but by now they should realize that they cant win a technology war against the pirates.
        So they should used the mere basic of DRM that prevents kids from copying their friends game, and leave the high-tech game-destroyers on the shelves.

Originally posted by Scinto
        Companies cant win with PC games, any wonder some of them are ditching PC in favor for Consoles.
        Except they also are pirated, and we get the whole whine about how the sale of used games are destroying civilization as we know it.

Is there any real data about how many games are pirated? And I dont mean the companies estimates of how many games the feel they should have sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
          Is there any real data about how many games are pirated? And I dont mean the companies estimates of how many games the feel they should have sold.
          So far, the most precise estimation has been 90%. But thats software piracy as a whole. Its impossible to get a fair picture, but extremes like 95% and 5% can easily be ignored. Amusingly, thats exactly how it goes, industry claims 85-95%, the gamers claim 1%-10%. The way the pirated games move through torrents, dumpsites, FTP-s and from-friend-to-friend, the number is quite high.

You cant win the fight with DRM, but you can win it with additional value accessible only through the master verification server. This way, pirated games turn into demos, of sorts. In terms of BF2, this "value" was the online community, better servers, competitive community, mods and online stat tracking.

Comment

Like ive said before, stupid DRMS = Reason to pirate.

Comment

Take into account the recent trend of not releasing a demo also is an obvious cause of piracy, I would have bought quite a few more games based on demos rather than having to try them through other means... there are very few review sites that I trust (mainly ones that dont review everything on a 360)

Comment

Following in Ubisoft's footsteps, Electronic Arts has confirmed that upcoming games from the publisher will include the very controversial always on DRM scheme that forces ...

Following in Ubisoft's footsteps, Electronic Arts has confirmed that upcoming games from the publisher will include the very controversial "always on" DRM scheme that forces gamers to be connected to the Internet at all times or lose the ability to play their games.

The first EA title to include the DRM will be Command & Conquer 4.
                Oh dear, i just hope EA are the only ones to follow suite and nobody else does.

Comment

Working...
                X