Ubisofts New DRM cracked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubisofts New DRM cracked

Ubisoft made serious waves when they announced a new DRM policy for all new PC titles, beginning with Silent Hunter 5 and Assassin’s Creed 2. The new scheme UbiSoft hoped would thwart piracy requires all legitimate users to have a permanent Internet connection that continuously authenticates a copy of the game. Additionally, save game files are now stored on UbiSoft servers. This new system has angered long-time fans who are rightfully ****ed off that this new procedure will undermine the integrity of their game, i.e., lose Internet connection and you can’t play the game, or Ubisoft servers take a hike and you’re left holding your dick.

Well, Ubisoft’s master plan has collapsed in under 24-hours, as infamous cracker group Skid-Row has tackled the new DRM and rendered it useless, meaning the only people now suffering with this ridiculous DRM are legitimate owners.
    Ubisoft's master plan has collapsed in under 24-hours, as infamous cracker group Skid-Row has tackled the new DRM and rendered it useless, meaning the only people now suffering with this ridiculous DRM are legitimate owners.
    Ubisoft's master plan has collapsed in under 24-hours, as infamous cracker group Skid-Row has tackled the new DRM and rendered it useless, meaning the only people now suffering with this ridiculous DRM are legitimate owners.

So much for their new DRM, im dreading the next step of DRM Developement

Re: Ubisofts New DRM cracked

This DRM completely put me off playing SH5...

Comment

Why am I not surprised...

Comment

People still fighting piracy, i see it being pointless to be honest. But that is just my opinion.

Comment

World of Goo > All.

Comment

Good work! Ubisoft HQ: :weo:

not that I condone piracy...

By the way I found this in the article:

Originally posted by UbiSuck
            “You have probably seen rumors on the web that Assassin’s Creed II and Silent Hunter 5 have been cracked. Please know that this rumor is false and while a pirated version may seem to be complete at start up, any gamer who downloads and plays a cracked version will find that their version is not complete.”

Comment

“You have probably seen rumors on the web that Assassin’s Creed II and Silent Hunter 5 have been cracked. Please know that this rumor is false and while a pirated version may seem to be complete at start up, any gamer who downloads and plays a cracked version will find that their version is not complete.”
              Yea it doesnt contain the DLC probably thats it :P

Comment

Yup, fighting a battle that can't be won. Causing themselves to lose even more money.

Comment

Originally posted by [3SA]N|2Lt.LunaTiKTunaLiK
                  Yup, fighting a battle that can't be won. Causing themselves to lose even more money.
                  so they should just give in to piracy?
                  "Crunch's First Officer"
                  twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I dont see there being anything to stop piracy anytime soon, the scene groups themselves say in their nfo's that if you like the game you should buy it but most people wont.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                      I dont see there being anything to stop piracy anytime soon, the scene groups themselves say in their nfo's that if you like the game you should buy it but most people wont.
                      You cant stop piracy 100%, this doesnt even work on X360, but you can maximize sales. BF2 had the community and stat tracking, scene servers were unreliable and laggy. BC2 has an online CD authentification system I believe. Theres some ups and downs to every solution.

Comment

Ubisoft already stated that they will prosecute known cracker to the sum of 100 million dollars.
                        Found it floating around.

The thing I like about Ubisoft is that you have to stay online connected to their servers in order to play a single player game in the background, I know some people dont like playing like that but Steam does it aswell and it works to an extent.

Comment

thing is, you can load steam in offline mode to play single player games, With the Ubicuk DRM you cant play if the ubisuck servers go down, Which is absolutely crap.

Comment

Their servers went offline recently due to a ddos attack and Ubisofts servers were posted to encourage others to do it to force them to make it so that people can play offline.

Companies cant win with PC games, any wonder some of them are ditching PC in favor for Consoles.

Comment

this is just getting way out of hand, good thing i got the game on PS3. I hope this DRM wont come into games like my regular fps genres man that would be so irritating for the people that buy their games.

Comment

Working...
                              X