Backorder? WTF EA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Backorder? WTF EA?

OK, jimy, we need to have a talk about what to properly disclose in gaming forums. Puting your game in private areas of your body to see who will go there is not exactly proper. Most Battlefield games are very cheap and not worth your life or strip search. If someone is that desperate for your game, give it to them and we will work something out for you to get some replacements.

Be safe out there everyone, it seems to be a bit dangerous

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I get the feeling that I am not being taking seriously, but the first wave of Iranian nano-bots are already among us.
      How else would you explain all the socks that goes missing during laundry?

First generation was sock-eating, the next generation will be targeting your DVDs!

Unless you buy my patented nano-bot repellent. Contact me for pricing info.

Comment

LOL @ evil Iranian nanobots. :laugh: These are the same people that keep having problems getting their missiles to stay in the air. Fortunately, this gives me time to put some lead-lining around my PC to avoid EMP pulses and find proper anti-nanobot safes for all my program discs

Comment

hard copy ftw. No backlog here (I'm in the UK) and when corporations control your access to software it is always open to abuse. Steam hae abused their position before with illegal activities and will no doubt do it again.

If you become one of their victims to lose your digital property you have paid for then i shall simply wave my shiny disc and box in your general direction.

A good general rule in life is you can only completely trust yourself. If you can't trust yourself, you're screwed. But you can never trust corporations.

Comment

kmon its a DVD. you can throw it at your dog when it doesnt work anymore

Comment

I bought Hard Copies of Half Life 2 and The Episode 1 & 2 Pack. I traveled with my PC and at the time my games were not installed on my PC. I was able to download them through steam. I really like that feature. I still prefer hard copies, it's nice to have insurance like that, in case my discs go missing or get damaged.

Comment

been using steam for years.... love it

built 3 new systems since I started with Steam - whats amazing is it remembers your keyboard settings when you re-download
                and the auto updates is very nice

And another nice feature is if you have an old game ( ala Half life) you can delete the local content , but later when you get teh hankering... just re-load with one click and your back in business -

Being in the software business, I can tell you, "hard copy" is a myth.... its all just software. The ONLY difference is your storing your "back up" on plastic media rather than it being stored in the 'cloud" for you . if you lose the plastic , damage it - youre screwed....... and forced to spend another $50

whereas with Steam that risk is eliminated for good....

Comment

Originally posted by [3SA]D|2Lt.Obi
                  been using steam for years.... love it

built 3 new systems since I started with Steam - whats amazing is it remembers your keyboard settings when you re-download
                  and the auto updates is very nice

And another nice feature is if you have an old game ( ala Half life) you can delete the local content , but later when you get teh hankering... just re-load with one click and your back in business -

Being in the software business, I can tell you, "hard copy" is a myth.... its all just software. The ONLY difference is your storing your "back up" on plastic media rather than it being stored in the 'cloud" for you . if you lose the plastic , damage it - youre screwed....... and forced to spend another $50

whereas with Steam that risk is eliminated for good....
                  No offence but in order to use steam easily you need a good internet connection speed (as we dont all have access to 20Mbs) which some people still dont have so hard copies are the alternative, for me at the moment im on a 2Mbs connection so to get a game that is over 5gb would take me around 6hrs where as I could go down to the shop and get it in an hour.

I have got games off Steam & D2D before, D2D is a nightmare sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                    No offence but in order to use steam easily you need a good internet connection speed (as we dont all have access to 20Mbs) which some people still dont have so hard copies are the alternative, for me at the moment im on a 2Mbs connection so to get a game that is over 5gb would take me around 6hrs where as I could go down to the shop and get it in an hour.
                    It depends on where you live. I don't really have time to go shopping for games on weekdays, so I will either buy it online or as Digital Download if I want it as fast as possible. Having it download overnight is still more reliable than the mailman.

Comment

More reason to get the D/L version. My copied is downloaded,installed and waiting for the release date.

Comment

Working...
                      X