Already!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already!!

I hate to say this guys but theres already a pirate copy of BFBC2 ready to download.. I dont want to get into a pirate issue and how it effects the industry etc etc I just cant belive its out already.

Re: Already!!

*points a couple threads below* Cat's been out of the bag for about ten hours already.

If it's any consolation, they pirated the xbox version first.

Comment

sorry for not checking

Comment

So much for keys and security!

Comment

Its OK I had to delete that thread because people started talking about pirating it themselves, which is grounds for an infraction ;D

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Software, especially games, piracy is executed by organized crime. This is the same organized crime that dominates illegal drugs, illegal prostitution, gun trafficking, human smuggling and slavery. Just different branch of their "business."

Software companies know about this, and there is nothing they can do about it. We the consumers can change it by not conducting piracy activity.

In most cases, pirated copies are sold in the markets of third world, where internet access is usually limted. While it looks like free for download, the cracks are usually on phishing sites or contain virus and trojan themselves.

So, DO NOT PIRATE GAMES.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
              Software, especially games, piracy is executed by organized crime.
              that is what the software companies and media put out to stop people from pirating.. most cracking groups in the pc scene crack games for no profit, I have had close relation with these people due to being a member of LSD on the amiga scene. (demos, diskmags and intro if your wondering) then the guy at home with his market stall and 50 dvd writers at home cracking them out is hardly classed as organized crime.. I understand that there is a syndicate in china or thereabouts but here in england the main problem is the market stalls.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
                Software, especially games, piracy is executed by organized crime. This is the same organized crime that dominates illegal drugs, illegal prostitution, gun trafficking, human smuggling and slavery. Just different branch of their "business."

Software companies know about this, and there is nothing they can do about it. We the consumers can change it by not conducting piracy activity.

In most cases, pirated copies are sold in the markets of third world, where internet access is usually limted. While it looks like free for download, the cracks are usually on phishing sites or contain virus and trojan themselves.

So, DO NOT PIRATE GAMES.
                LOL, how do you respond to that . I didn't know that the columbian cartel and the russian mob was pirating games now, haha.

Comment

I was wondering:
                  We are always told that developers are moving from PC to console because of piracy.
                  But EA also seems to consider the second-hand market a threat to their sales, a problem which is largely non-existent on the PC.
                  The way I see it, it is much more likely that a second hand user would have bought the game new, than a pirate would have bought his copy legally. Presuming that neither option was available.

So does anyone have an idea about how those two types of lost sales relates to each other?

Comment

i dont think that piracy is an issue with BF2 and BF2142 because of the exclusion of single player games, (ok you can play with bots but how long before you get sick of that) because these games are primarly for MP then originals need to be bought. I can guarntee that there will be more BFBC2 piracy on the console than the PC. As for the second hand users.. I thought the re-selling or renting games were against copyright law, yet blockbuster rent and most games stores sell pre-owned. If the proceeds of the pro-owned sale are going into the shops pockets then the pre-owned buyer is still a pirate but hes being a legal pirate, theres no difference buying cheap games from Joe Bloggs on the market or cheap games from the highstreet shop..

Comment

Legally speaking there is a big difference, just like the difference between selling a used DVD and making it available as a torrent.
                      Laws vary from country to country, but I cant imagine any western country that will prevent you from selling a physical object that you own.
                      If that is piracy then all selling of second hand goods is piracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                        It that is piracy then all selling of second hand goods is piracy.
                        wat

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                          wat
                          Im assuming a typo It = If

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                            Im assuming a typo It = If
                            Hahaha wow. Somehow I did not see that.

Comment

Ha. I do use a spell-checker, but that isn't always enough

Comment

Working...
                              X