UAV fire in PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAV fire in PC

the thing about the UAV i don't get is, sometimes it's not available when i go to the UAV console. i have no idea how to tell when one is available. anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
      the thing about the UAV i don't get is, sometimes it's not available when i go to the UAV console. i have no idea how to tell when one is available. anyone know?
      No, except from the obvious lack of "Press E to Enter".
      As far as I remember the icon is there on the map even when the UAV is unavailable

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
        Yeah, because as it stands right now a pilot and co-pilot cant rake in any kills. /sarcasm
        Crunch

I want to be able to fly solo on pub games and dominate as though I had a clan mate as gunner, I hate when some noob gets in and rarely fires the turret earning maybe 1-2 kills a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by H4yd3n
          I want to be able to fly solo on pub games and dominate as though I had a clan mate as gunner, I hate when some noob gets in and rarely fires the turret earning maybe 1-2 kills a minute.
          I can understand that, so in that case you use the heli as a missle toward the neearest occupied enemy tank and bail out. Go back and get the regen heli and I bet that guy wont get back in :thumbsup:

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I find the arrogance of people who fly solo unbelievable, Ive never been good at flying in BF2, and im more than useless at flying in BFBC2, and i would never get a chance to practise due to all the people to 'up themselves' to help 'noobs' out. I happy they wont allow you to solo the apache's, Give other people a chance to use the heli.

Comment

Originally posted by Numptie
              I find the arrogance of people who fly solo unbelievable, Ive never been good at flying in BF2, and im more than useless at flying in BFBC2, and i would never get a chance to practise due to all the people to 'up themselves' to help 'noobs' out. I happy they wont allow you to solo the apache's, Give other people a chance to use the heli.
              I have no problem teaching you. If anything you can learn Kamikaze techniques. I dont know what "up themselves" refers to. Hopefully I did not just do that with my invite.

Just go into an empty server and fly around. Its how I learned and then I actually taught others.

I was going to use this with that comment but thought it would be too creepy :eyebrows:

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                I can understand that, so in that case you use the heli as a missle toward the neearest occupied enemy tank and bail out. Go back and get the regen heli and I bet that guy wont get back in :thumbsup:

Crunch
                You know, I am going to blame you when people start doing that g-d ramming again. :cry:
                Some people should just stay in singleplayer. And that include those who need to go on a ego-trip in a teambased game.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                  You know, I am going to blame you when people start doing that g-d ramming again. :cry:
                  Some people should just stay in singleplayer. And that include those who need to go on a ego-trip in a teambased game.
                  :laugh: You cant give me the credit for that. Some noob clan did that to me when I got to the gunner seat before his mates. I learned to switch seats quickly and fly off then.

Crunch

Comment

It's going to be one of the unlocks for the UAV but i just hope they have more than one unlock for it because i think a tracer dart for the UAV would be much more usefull.....people are going to try to go rambo with the UAV if it's got a minigun and essentially end up wasting a valuable team asset.

if you look at the stats area there's a spot for UAV unlocks and you can also click the right mouse button while flying it to bring up a targeting box but it doesn't do anything in the beta.....I think I'm in love with that cheeky little bastard...........heheheh

Comment

The UAV unlock is going to be a small gun that you can shoot from it.

Crunch

Comment

Fly in an empty server to practice, don't complain because an ally doesn't want you wasting their apache just so you can get a couple minutes of flight time in.

Also, on the subject of air ramming. . . a couple days ago I was piloting a blackhawk and we were taking damage pretty quickly and were about to go down so I nose dived into a tank and got 4 kills, people were like WTF!!?!?!?!?!. Pretty funny stuff.

Comment

Fly in an empty server to practice, don't complain because an ally doesn't want you wasting their apache just so you can get a couple minutes of flight time in.
                          An ally? Their Apache?
                          If Joe Noob can fly without crashing, then he has as much right to the Apache as anybody else. Even if he get shot down after a couple of minutes.

And this is even more arrogant. A bad pilot can selfdestruct and kill his crew, so its a fair demand that he should practice offline untill he can fly without crashing.
                          But that is the exception. Gunners, drivers etc. are not going to destroy assets 0.5 seconds after entering them. They will learn as the go along.

This is a game meant to be fun for 32 players, not just the 1 or 2 that get the best assets.
                          If you want assets assigned after skill, then you need to play clan matches on closed servers.

Btw., here is another point in favour of having a gunner: The vehicle upgrades are supposed to be cumulative. So a passenger could net you an armor upgrade or increased weapon damage.

Comment

Pilot gets hellfire missiles along with TOW missiles. These TOW missiles can lock onto the tracers that the gunner shoots. Say the gunner shoots and plants a tracer on a tank, the pilot's TOW missile can lock on it.

Comment

Originally posted by M0t0rBreath
                              Pilot gets hellfire missiles along with TOW missiles. These TOW missiles can lock onto the tracers that the gunner shoots. Say the gunner shoots and plants a tracer on a tank, the pilot's TOW missile can lock on it.
                              I like that layout. Makes the pilot do more than just be a chauffeur.

Crunch

Comment

Does this mean. . . .no. . . could it?!?!?!

Soloing in gunships is back!!!!
                                No; the gunner has to tag the vehicles with a dart similar to the tracer gun; and the pilot fires the missiles; missiles won't fire if the gunner hasn't tagged vehicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X