Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Splinter Cell Conviction

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
    Matchmaking would mean the closest person who would play it online would be in Alaska. Not to mention that I cant in good conscience fund the rape of Tom Clancy franchise.
    Lol dude, Tom Clancy had to agree to this stuff, so he willingly lets people butcher himself. Everyone's a money whore sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian Spire
      Lol dude, Tom Clancy had to agree to this stuff, so he willingly lets people butcher himself. Everyone's a money whore sometimes.
      He did, he is the biggest a55hole in the bunch.

Comment

They are releasing a great game, Kodak is just pissed because he cant move on with the times. 60 bucks not worth it? Stop complaining, the developers know if the price is right or not.
        Protip: the games cost 60 bucks on consoles due to royalties paid to the console company aka Microsoft or Sony. PC has no such royalties thus why we maintained the 49.99 price tag. This is NOT inflation it is just simple profit whoring.

and the inflation excuse does not necessarily hold up seeing as I had to pay 85 USD for Tie Fighter when it was released in 1994

Comment

Actually that's not true. They have to pay for the rights to certain brand name trademark advertising and also pay Microsoft/apple for dev kits and stuff. You aren't even close to a "pro."

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

PC Gaming software is just as OS dependent as any console. Don't be so ****ing pro PC ********. Everything has drawbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwinters
            Protip: the games cost 60 bucks on consoles due to royalties paid to the console company aka Microsoft or Sony. PC has no such royalties thus why we maintained the 49.99 price tag. This is NOT inflation it is just simple profit whoring.

and the inflation excuse does not necessarily hold up seeing as I had to pay 85 USD for Tie Fighter when it was released in 1994
            Fix your sarcasm detector before you create a time paradox!

---------- Post added at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

Actually that's not true. They have to pay for the rights to certain brand name trademark advertising and also pay Microsoft/apple for dev kits and stuff. You aren't even close to a "pro."[COLOR="Silver"]
            He is factually right. There are no royalties for PC games. Which is why they have been on average 10 bucks cheaper.

Comment

Actually that's not true. They have to pay for the rights to certain brand name trademark advertising and also pay Microsoft/apple for dev kits and stuff. You aren't even close to a "pro."

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

PC Gaming software is just as OS dependent as any console. Don't be so ****ing pro PC ********. Everything has drawbacks.
              You can code a windows game without windows, the OS has nothing to do with it, MS and Sony want a cut of all software sales since that is the only way the consoles really make money. I am not being pro PC I am simply pointing out that "inflation" has nothing to do with the price increase at all. It is publishers realizing they can get away with it.

They have to pay for the rights to certain brand name trademark advertising and also pay Microsoft/apple for dev kits and stuff. You aren't even close to a "pro."
              You do not need a Dev kit to make a PC game what are you talking about? I can see where you are coming from with your ideas about using the advertisement excuse, but that is not at all what is going on with the price increase.

He gave ubisoft the rights to the name awhile ago, he no longer approves it anymore. He just gets a check in the mail.

Comment

Kay, it makes more sense when I'm really awake now. I wasn't really focusing on the PC price point because all microsoft/apple really want is people to buy their overpriced pre-made computers and charge them several hundreds of extra dollars worth of profit.

Well, I know apple has a dev kit [nintendo has a dev kit, XBLA dev kit, etc.] and a requirement that you buy a mac or something, to get games on the market because one of my friends wanted to try coding Iphone games in C#. That was one of the reasons he bought a mac.

I was a little too hostile, yeah. Thanks for clarifying.

Have you worked on a game before?

Comment

I think I also meant how the software's optimizations for each OS separate the different strata of PC's and result in different code in very similar situations. :O

Comment

Kay, it makes more sense when I'm really awake now. I wasn't really focusing on the PC price point because all microsoft/apple really want is people to buy their overpriced pre-made computers and charge them several hundreds of extra dollars worth of profit.

Well, I know apple has a dev kit [nintendo has a dev kit, XBLA dev kit, etc.] and a requirement that you buy a mac or something, to get games on the market because one of my friends wanted to try coding Iphone games in C#. That was one of the reasons he bought a mac.

I was a little too hostile, yeah. Thanks for clarifying.

Have you worked on a game before?
                    Microsoft does not make computers lol

I am still confused what you WHERE arguing to be honest, but never the less I think you understand.

I have worked on indie and homebrew games for the PC but nothing major.

Comment

I never said Microsoft made the computers themselves. Microsoft makes massive profits off of the computers because of their OS and software. They could give away computers and be rich.

What I "where" arguing? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kodakk
                        I would assume you're referring to double agent, because Chaos Theory, which was the third installment in the series, was arguably (and will still be) the best Splinter Cell game to date.
                        Pretty sure I just stopped caring after Pandora Tomorrow but I can't really tell cause I can't find the Euro box art to tell. I liked it but didn't really dig the story line to be honest.

Whats wrong with UE2? SWAT4 is built on UE2.5, and its still one of the best (looking and playing) tactical shooters. Certainly looks better than R6Vegas. Then theres Bioshock and Bioshock 2, built on UE2.5 aswell.
                        SWAT 4 had some pretty awful hit detection though to be fair, perhaps not as bad BF2 but not all that far away. Though I agree it was awesome along with BioShock.

Nope, not anymore. About two years ago Ubisoft basically bought his name and can use it on any product they want.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEn|gma
                          SWAT 4 had some pretty awful hit detection though to be fair, perhaps not as bad BF2 but not all that far away. Though I agree it was awesome along with BioShock.
                          Try Vegas games on LAN. The host has a 0.5 second advantage with 20ms ping difference. SWAT4 hit detection is tolerable until 100ms of ping, a lot better than BF2. Its multiplayer had its severe issues, but the modding community overcame all of them. Starting from anticheat, all the way up to admin options and spectator mode. I think UE2.5 is still solid, but maybe its because UE3 games have mostly been so horribly optimized or just conceptual-wise so awful (with exceptions of course) that it doesnt feel like a step forward enough.

Comment

Working...
                          X