Splinter Cell Conviction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splinter Cell Conviction

Gamestop is selling the PC copy for $60.

'Nuff said. I'm so pissed right now that I can't even add much substance to the topic. Not only has Ubisoft ruined my favorite franchise, but they're jumping on the $60 bandwagon.

Re: Splinter Cell Conviction

Yep. Many said that when MW2 gets away with it, you will start seeing more raise the price.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I wonder if developers really want people to buy their games...They add a system so that you can't play offline, which ONLY customers will have, pirates will be able to play offline. At the same time as they remove offline support they raise the price and add DRM which doesn't allow for more then 5 installs, which again, only effects customers.

I don't understand their thinking...

Comment

They are releasing a great game, Kodak is just pissed because he cant move on with the times. 60 bucks not worth it? Stop complaining, the developers know if the price is right or not.

Speaking of prices, for how many years has the magical 50 being held despite inflation? Yeah, you think about it.

Inflation probably ate the quality and lenght of the games too, so double-yeah.

Comment

I love you too Chris... or should I say, Foxhound. 'Dun dun dun!

Comment

Damn $60, inflation or not, thats more than $50! Me no like.

Comment

You can find some inflation calculations online. I remember paying $50 for a game back in 1995, so thats the year I put in. The equal price of that $50 back then would be $70 today.

Of course, Chris brings up a good point about quality also

This whole thing is a vicious circle.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I cannot see the problem?:

I can hardly see you argument.

Comment

Yeah, but we all know that your country is spelled "FAIL" in most maps, this doesnt surprise anyone.

-

Crunch, I think the "vicious cycle" is going to get a lot worse as the time progresses, as people are basically doing tenfold of the work they did in 2004 in similar and comparable ways. Graphics design, sound, physics- its no wonder modding has taken such a major hit during the last few years, now imagine whats going on in the videogame world. At some point, the system has to either reach a breakthrough where the cost of creating high-level videogames is brought down significantly, or well end up paying for it.

Keep in mind that I dont have experience with the inner workings of the industry, its just something Ive concluded given all the trends.

Comment

Oh the cost of gaming... One day it will be my downfall

Comment

BREAKING NEWS
                      Worrying about SC:C on PC? Fear no more, the devs have just updated their Q&A with PC features!

Originally posted by DEV Q&A
                      *Are there any PC-specific Features?
                      Yes, see the list below:
                      - Additional options in the video/audio/control menus
                      - Hi resolutions (tested up to 2560x1440)
                      - High quality anti-aliasing based on video hardware support
                      - High resolution shadows
                      - High quality anisotropic filtering
                      - Arbitrary screen ratio (4:3, 16:9, 16:10, user’s choice)
                      OH GOLLY GOSH! I really hope we get mouse support and ingame text chat ability too!

Comment

Originally posted by Kodakk
                        BREAKING NEWS
                        Worrying about SC:C on PC? Fear no more, the devs have just updated their Q&A with PC features!

OH GOLLY GOSH! I really hope we get mouse support and ingame text chat ability too!
                        Don't be greedy!

Comment

WOW! A whole $60 USD!!! Thats like... $65.17 AUD :shock:. It's $88 AUD here which is $81.01 USD. It would be cheaper for me to buy it from EB in the states & pay the shipping to have it delivered to my door than it would be to spend $5 in fuel getting to my nearest EB & back. MW2 is STILL $92 AUD here, $84.73 USD. I realy don't see the issue???

Comment

The reason they can get away with it cuz people end up buy it for 60$ (Supply and demand :P)

Comment

Get a job. Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                              X