Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bullet drop?

Originally posted by IC-Beav
    I don't believe BF ever had a calculated bullet. Now I could be completely wrong with that, but it seems I have been told that before, as I play Joint Ops where you have to range your sniper shots and calculate bullet drop. When I mentioned that to others that play BF2, I was told it was not needed, point and shoot.
    BF1942 had bullet drop and flying time. If someone was running you'd have to aim in front of them. It was cool!

Comment

Thanks for the advice, it turns out that bullet drop is only a fraction of what I expected.
      It almost feels like a game of whack-a-mole. I would feel bad if most of the kills werent other snipers
      But everybody else has learned to not stand still.

Comment

I know this may seem pointless and unhelpful, but just practice and play. Everybody sucked at sniping when they started, since the bullet mechanics were so much different to CoD and a bit different to BF2, after a few hours of sniping you will be adjusting more accurately to distance and before you know it, bullet drop will be something you are used to.

The more you play, the better you get, simples!

Comment

Bullet drop is the reason I don't like to snipe at long range, I don't want to have to take two shots for once kill, just not my thing. I prefer medium range with heavy cover.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
            BF1942 had bullet drop and flying time. If someone was running you'd have to aim in front of them. It was cool!
            That was awesome indeed, bf42 sniping was quite fun

Comment

Bullet drop and travel time? woot!

I've always been glad that the BF series never adopted the point and click method. There is already a whole bunch of other shooter games that does that.

Now with visible shots/vapor trails added, it will help newbs aim abit better, or otherwise be a double edged sword that gives your position away.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                I think there is a range unlock for the class. I thought I remember seeing one in the unlock options. Have to double check though.

Crunch
                Theres the 12x Zoom Scope & there is an Acog but its a bit meh.

Comment

I can handle the bullet drop really well, but after sniping in games like BF2 im sort of withdrawn on the leading someone thats moving

my brain keeps wanting to shoot 5 miles in front of them lol

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                    Theres the 12x Zoom Scope & there is an Acog but its a bit meh.
                    How does the 12x scope work? It seems exactly the same as the default scope.

Comment

Originally posted by H4yd3n
                      How does the 12x scope work? It seems exactly the same as the default scope.
                      It zooms further as the blur effect gets worse between the 12x and the normal scope.

Normal Scope:

12x Scope:

Comment

Interesting, thanks. I was expecting something a bit more drastic, but that is a good difference.

Comment

I'm curious why nobody has complained about the Vaseline smeared on the sniper scopes yet. Why do you think they felt the need to blur the scope so much. I feel like barfing when I pan through trees.

Comment

There's practically no scope blur in the 360 demo so it's likely to be changed in the retail PC version.

Comment

The blurring does not bother me anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
                                The blurring does not bother me anymore.
                                I doesnt bother me either, I am too focused on the crosshair to notice it. But the 12x may be too much, I cant say before I have tried it.

Comment

Working...
                                X