Bullet drop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullet drop?

I decided to try the Recon class, since I have all the Medic and Engineer unlock.
    But I have some difficulties with estimating bullet drop.

If you look at this screenshot, there is a man standing between the pipes. I would expect that the bullet would drop 2-3 of the scope marks on that distance, but the only time I managed to hit a target that far away was by aiming straight at them.

So could you give me a few tips about how to calculate bullet drop and lead?

Re: Bullet drop?

I don't believe BF ever had a calculated bullet. Now I could be completely wrong with that, but it seems I have been told that before, as I play Joint Ops where you have to range your sniper shots and calculate bullet drop. When I mentioned that to others that play BF2, I was told it was not needed, point and shoot.

Comment

I always take one shot to find bullet drop, shoot at an easy to remember point on a wall or something nearby, continue holding left click so you can see the bullet hit. Then you have the bullet drop distance, that's how far you aim up to hit your target. Even if you're dead on, at that range, bullets won't always hit, they might be slightly off.

Originally posted by IC-Beav
      I don't believe BF ever had a calculated bullet. Now I could be completely wrong with that, but it seems I have been told that before, as I play Joint Ops where you have to range your sniper shots and calculate bullet drop. When I mentioned that to others that play BF2, I was told it was not needed, point and shoot.
      BC2 has bullet drop.

Comment

I dont think I can see the bullet impact at that instance

Comment

You cant, but if you hold your fire button you will see the bullet in your scope reach the target and then you can look at the marks in the scope to determine the drop from center.

So center your shot and watch your bullet travel. If it lands on, say the second mark below center, you raise your sight up to the second mark on the person and BOOOM, Headshot.

Thats how I shoot through the slits on the stationary machine guns from a distance. The sway makes it tough, but with practice it can be done.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Remember to compensate less when you are above your target, and more when you are below your target. (the guns also seem to have different bullet velocities, takes some getting used to)

Leading a target is always difficult, eventually you will find a system for certain distances.

continue holding left click so you can see the bullet hit
            this helps immensely for figuring out how to correct your aim.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
              You cant, but if you hold your fire button you will see the bullet in your scope reach the target and then you can look at the marks in the scope to determine the drop from center.

So center your shot and watch your bullet travel. If it lands on, say the second mark below center, you raise your sight up to the second mark on the person and BOOOM, Headshot.
              That's basically what I said. Lol.

Comment

Okay, seeing that I have not used this class much at all, is a range finder available for the Recon loadouts? Is it a unlock? If it is indeed part of the class finding out what the mill dots are will be relatively simple.

Comment

Originally posted by H4yd3n
                  That's basically what I said. Lol.
                  Yeah, after I re-read it, I misunderstood your post. Sorry about that.

Warped Minds Think Alike

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                    So you can actually follow you bullet in flight? That sounds awesome, I will have to try that!

Comment

Originally posted by IC-Beav
                      Okay, seeing that I have not used this class much at all, is a range finder available for the Recon loadouts? Is it a unlock? If it is indeed part of the class finding out what the mill dots are will be relatively simple.
                      I think there is a range unlock for the class. I thought I remember seeing one in the unlock options. Have to double check though.

Crunch

Comment

Shoot at the sky. You can see the tracer drop. I've noticed this while shooting the guys flying down in the parachute.

Comment

When I first played the beta I couldn't hit anything with the sniper rifle. It does feel different to previous Battlefields. Once you get a feel for it you should be fine. Just takes a bit of adjusting thats all.

Comment

I'm so bad with the sniper rifle I use it only to check surroundings, spot a path and infantry and run down to knife them.

Comment

LOL, I guess that works too. I dont know if I would use my sniper rifle as binoculars though. Might use the mortar sights for that.

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                              X