Clear All

Re: Anyone played BattleField Online?

Weird, its like Battlefield....but not.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

It's more like Battlefield Uber Arcade...

Comment

It'seffing awesome XD

it has blood! And a cte tug of war meter in the middle for capping flags.

Ok; I don't know how many of you realize what this means; but once those emmfunsters find out what this is all about (and you can see some pretty prone spamming in the video) They'll make a league out of it; and then then a couple guys will make a couple millions a year; and a couple years down the road (FPS are not that big in Asia) no one will be able to beat them.

Look at what they did to Starcraft lol

Comment

I have Battlefield2 but I have not played it in months.

Comment

Originally posted by jackbency
            I have Battlefield2 but I have not played it in months.
            O_o

Comment

Another reason why Korea has better internet is it's size, the US has a country 30x larger to cover.

I wonder if using something like Peerguardian to change your IP to Korea would let you play?

Comment

I can say for a fact that the larger ISPs are not still paying for old infrastructure except mainly for repairs of old infrastructure that was never tested for the climates and environments it is being used in. The main reason the larger companies aren't rushing to supply everyone with new technology is because it simply doesn't outweigh the profits they make on existing infrastructure. There is little need in america for blazing internet speeds. If you think most of these companies are making fiber available to you for the main purpose of your internet speed you are sadly mistaken. That is a perk to HD TV.

Korea being smaller would greatly contribute to there superior infrastructure.

In populated areas of this country you can download a dvd as quick as an average person can run to the video store.

While most people don't even choose to have internet nearly that fast. Why would some big ISP want to spend millions in an area it already is in to lay down new infrastructure when most people don't even want to upgrade from the lowest speed?

They will concentrate on the markets that will purchase HD TV. Watching multiple channels of HD and/or recording HD channels uses a lot of bandwidth. Bandwidth cable companies simply do not have at the moment with current infrastructure. Experiencing internet trouble around 7pm anyone? You are looking at roughly 10mb/s devoted to each HD channel

I've compared two of the major providers in the US side by side same tv's and it was clear that one company was compressing some of their hd channels. Only explanation is limited bandwidth.

Comment

Working...
                X