Anyone played BattleField Online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone played BattleField Online?

Has anyone played BattleField Online? I don't mean Bf2 multiplayer. I'm talking about the game, Battlefield Online. I found their website and I try to download the game but I get a popup but i can't translate Korean, since the text is in an image, or is uncopyable.I really wanna download it and give it try. If I had to guess, it's probably telling me I have to live in Korean or something to download.

Here is the link. If you click the big START or try to download one of the files, the popup appears.

Re: Anyone played BattleField Online?

I haven't played it but I understand it is a pay-per-play model, like a few dollars to use a tank for a week. A bit like Battlefield Heroes except based on BF2. I think you have to be in Korea to play it.

Comment

i think you HAVE to be in Korea. but why bother? it's BF2 pretty much with the other side changed to russian.

Comment

I'm just really curious about it. Like I wanna see the changes, and be able to compare graphics and stuff. I think it's a little odd, they are just now gettin Bf2. We got BC2

Comment

maybe one of these days it can be a web game like quake live.

Comment

From what I have seen it is basically BF2 using BF2142's engine (which is an updated bf2 engine). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_Online Apparently it can host 50v50 matches D:

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
              Apparently it can host 50v50 matches D:
              Call the PR devs. They just got new engine to play with.

Comment

Thats also likely because Korea has the fastest networking speeds on earth. Corporate speeds here is household speeds there.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoster
                  Thats also likely because Korea has the fastest networking speeds on earth. Corporate speeds here is household speeds there.
                  That's lame. Why doesn't the US?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowX8001
                    North America lags behind the majority of the world in terms of network speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowX8001
                      Because major communication companies that first designed the infrastructure still have a lot of money tied up in it. Developing countries can skip the curve the US had to go through and buy the latest stuff, whereas the US is still paying for everything from years ago.

It will improve in the US as well, but its going to take longer because of the investment and we will lag behind because of it.

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                        Because major communication companies that first designed the infrastructure still have a lot of money tied up in it. Developing countries can skip the curve the US had to go through and buy the latest stuff, whereas the US is still paying for everything from years ago.

It will improve in the US as well, but its going to take longer because of the investment and we will lag behind because of it.

Crunch
                        Take a look and see what google up to
                        Google's always tiptoed around directly providing internet access to consumers with things like free airport WiFi and the free WiFi network it runs in Mountain View, but today the company announced that it's getting in the game for real with the launch of a fiber-based ISP service that'll offer 1Gbps speeds at "competitive prices" to select markets. The idea is to provide next-gen access to between 50,000 and 500,000 people and basically see what happens -- and, as you'd expect, the new network will be a poster child for Google's pro-net-neutrality efforts. Sounds good to us, but we've all got a ways to go before Eric Schmidt comes over with the lightpipe -- Google's just now asking for "interested communities" to apply, and launch markets will be announced later this year. Video after the break. P.S.- Remember when Google bought all that fiber back in like 2005 and sparked all those rumors of a "GoogleNet"? It's probably unrelated, but at least there's a name to kick around. [Thanks, Kevin]

Comment

Originally posted by Basil.
                          Take a look and see what google up to
                          http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/10/g...ts-at-competi/
                          Yep, thats a great example. You have a new company (like a country) with nothing invested in old, outdated infrastructure. They hop on with the newest stuff they can afford and make this really fast network.

Good find.

Crunch
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

... Which means moving over to 2142/updated engine which would lose a lot of players + Doubt DICE would ever give them.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

There you go.

Comment

Working...
                              X