No announcement yet.

Old news is old, but new news is new...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Old news is old, but new news is new...

Originally posted by Rambo
    no offence but if you can hit a holphin diver you need to learn how to aim:shakehead:
    Sorry but knowing how to aim really didn't mean very much in BF2. Just point, click and hope the shots register.

Comment

Yeah, and if by "learning to aim" you mean memorizing where the collision box is and hope lag is low enough that your bullets register; then you can't possibly mean BF2 was free of problems not related to your innate skill.

Comment

Each to his own for this prone thing,but one thing you have to admit is it has a devide in the community...those who want it and those who dont

Oh and yes i agree bf2 hitboxes is crap! kylee,lordsethonan.No arguements there

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
          Each to his own for this prone thing,but one thing you have to admit is it has a devide in the community...those who want it and those who dont

Oh and yes i agree bf2 hitboxes is crap! kylee,lordsethonan.No arguements there
          Not really, there are the people who don't give a crap and play the game because its awesome, or there are those who harp on and on about prone and how it improves gameplay tenfold.

-_-

Comment

Originally posted by Roamer
            Spoken like a DD pro. DD is lame. End of story. Speaks to the character of your gaming.
            I dont DD i prone and pkm them!but i never have a problem hitting them.Im either pkm or sniper and both need prone to be realistic

Comment

BC2 is a lost cause, but I REALLY hope they don't dumb down BF3 by removing prone again.

I don't even think "camping" is a serious issue in BC2. You get unlimited mortar strikes, and you can ****ing destroy entire buildings. Is it REALLY that hard to deal with campers? It's such a lame *** excuse for not adding prone. Good job dumbing down the BF series for all the hyper active kiddies, DICE.

Comment

I seriously dont understand what the big deal is with prone.
                Sure it may allow you a bit more cover, but so does lean and you dont hear many complain about that.

Based on the beta maps it also looks like BC2 will have plenty of real cover, instead of a few scattered bushes that often are invisible to your opponent.

Comment

I don't mind either way.

Comment

COD4 has prone and no dolphins either.... wonder how they figured that code out.

There are definitely times in BC2 that I miss Prone. But it is usually while I try and lay behind cover and reload, or wait for squad mates to help out. I wish that I could toggle crouch instead of having to keep it pressed during all that time. If I never get to prone in this game the cover pretty much works. Leaning would def. have been useful but its BF not COD... so oh well.

I am much more concerned about the OP apache and not really having a good way to take it down, although I did hit one with a heavy tank round today and it went boom, reminded me of the ole bf2 days

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
                      Not really, there are the people who don't give a crap and play the game because its awesome, or there are those who harp on and on about prone and how it improves gameplay tenfold.

-_-
                      Truer words were never spoken

Comment

lol yer the game is awesome,makes my wet dreams come true and could never have hoped for more.Im also in primary school and think dinosaurs should be in the game with nukes

obviously not everyone has the same tastes or ideals

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                          I seriously dont understand what the big deal is with prone.
                          Sure it may allow you a bit more cover, but so does lean and you dont hear many complain about that.

Based on the beta maps it also looks like BC2 will have plenty of real cover, instead of a few scattered bushes that often are invisible to your opponent.
                          +1

Originally posted by TGL|Badlizzard
                          I am much more concerned about the OP apache and not really having a good way to take it down,
                          Only simple way I've found is to snipe the pilots out, you need a bit of luck sometimes,

Comment

Originally posted by Roamer
                            Spoken like a DD pro. DD is lame. End of story. Speaks to the character of your gaming.
                            ??? No, it is true, if you know what you are doing, you can handle dolphin diving. If it bothers you, then it effects your game play. Besides, I primarily played Assault Kit with the AK/GL combo. DD'ers rarely had a chance to use their ploy on me.

Comment

lack of dolphin diving is a dumb excuse for removing prone. there are games that do prone right, so it's a MATTER OF DESIGN.

Prone makes you a shorter target, which comes in handy if you are on a flat roof and you don't want that tank to see you. It's just plain stupid to be on a roof and a tank comes around the corner and you can't lie down.

It just comes down to laziness - and the fact that it's a console port.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
                                lack of dolphin diving is a dumb excuse for removing prone. there are games that do prone right, so it's a MATTER OF DESIGN.

Prone makes you a shorter target, which comes in handy if you are on a flat roof and you don't want that tank to see you. It's just plain stupid to be on a roof and a tank comes around the corner and you can't lie down.

It just comes down to laziness - and the fact that it's a console port.
                                I agree that it comes down to design. Prone is handy and useful in many situations like reloading when there is little or no cover around or avoiding tanks in different situations like you said. The fact that this is a console port has nothing to do with the fact that the game doesn't have prone. There are plenty of console games that have prone in. Stop blaming consoles for this game not having prone in. David Goldfarb even said on twitter

"it isn't that prone is inherently bad or unrealistic, it's just not part of our game and it didn't suit our pacing. That's it. ."

Comment

Working...
                                X