No announcement yet.

Old news is old, but new news is new...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old news is old, but new news is new...

Originally posted by David Goldfarb via Twitter
    Fyi we will not add prone based on anything. You can stop asking now.

So stop asking about it. The decision has been made, it's not going to happen.

Re: Old news is old, but new news is new...

Well I hate the morons who came up with the idea of no prone.

/thread

Comment

I thought I would miss prone more than I do, but I really don't miss it at all. Most of the cover is high enough so that crouching will conceal you entirely, and since (from what I've seen) there's no accuracy benefit to crouching as opposed to standing up there's really no reason to have prone. I think the way they've done it so far works just fine TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
        I thought I would miss prone more than I do, but I really don't miss it at all. Most of the cover is high enough so that crouching will conceal you entirely, and since (from what I've seen) there's no accuracy benefit to crouching as opposed to standing up there's really no reason to have prone. I think the way they've done it so far works just fine TBH.
        This is the same exact thing I said to my clan mates in ventrilo on the first day.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
          This is the same exact thing I said to my clan mates in ventrilo on the first day.

Until you were staring down the barrel of an approaching tank with nowhere to hide but a few rocks or trees!!

Prone isn't needed in this game but having it wouldn't have been bad either.

EDIT....Speaking of trees!! I've hugged so many trees these past few days I'm considering joining Green Peace!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicfurious29
            Until you were staring down the barrel of an approaching tank with nowhere to hide but a few rocks or trees!!

Prone isn't needed in this game but having it wouldn't have been bad either.
            Personally I don't find myself getting destroyed by vehicles all that much. I generally stick to areas vehicles cannot see or easily cover. For the times that I do get killed by vehicles, however, prone would have done nothing to save me.

Comment

Prone yes I've learned to accept it's removal from the game, however I really think crouch should be toggleable, in all games. but especially without prone.

Comment

LOL, love the title!

Thanks Expletive for posting it up. Im glad this can finally rest.

If you want prone, do NOT get this game. The End.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I don't miss prone at all. Sure, it came in handy in BF2 and BF2142, but this isn't BF2. And after the 1.5 patch in BF2, I hardly used prone anymore anyways.

Comment

If you dont want prone in bf3 dont complain about it now!Noobs cant handle a extra button?

not BF without prone,what nerfs next?

Comment

The biggest bennie of 'no prone' is definitely no more of that f'ing Dolphin Diving crap. I'll sacrifice prone for that any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                        LOL, love the title!

Thanks Expletive for posting it up. Im glad this can finally rest.

If you want prone, do NOT get this game. The End.

Crunch
                        I thought you'd appreciate it... :wee:

I'm just tired of people arguing over prone. I do miss it, but I realize they designed this game around a certain experience and that didn't include prone.
                        I felt the same way about lean in MW2. I would have liked to have been able to do it, sure. That wasn't the game-breaking issue for me, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Roamer
                          The biggest bennie of 'no prone' is definitely no more of that f'ing Dolphin Diving crap. I'll sacrifice prone for that any day of the week.
                          no offence but if you can hit a holphin diver you need to learn how to aim:shakehead:

Comment

prone should've been a server side option or a hardcore only option at least...

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                              no offence but if you can hit a holphin diver you need to learn how to aim:shakehead:
                              Spoken like a DD pro. DD is lame. End of story. Speaks to the character of your gaming.

Comment

Working...
                              X