MW2 vs BFBC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MW2 vs BFBC2

Is MW2 in trouble now that BC2 has come closer and that people vaugley have an idea on what it'll be like on PC?

Will you stop playing MW2 when BC2 is out?

What do you think'll happen?

Haven't played the Beta myself, but was just curious to know what those who have think about it, concerning the impact it might have on MW2.

Re: MW2 vs BFBC2

After playing the beta a little bit (very little) the games are still very different. I think vehciles and the destructive environment will lure many to it. Its not the fast paced shooter though and you have to rely somewhat on others in the game.

Battlefield was my first full online game I played. Been a fan for years and have all the PC versions. BC2 feels like Battlefield. I will probably stop playing MW2 when BC2 is fully released, but thats because that is where my roots were to begin with and I like vehicles. I got tired of the air power in BF2. Loved 2142, but it was a small community and when CoD:4 came out, a lot of my favorite servers shut down. I was also tired of not being able to get a game started, which in CoD you could with just one other person. I think they lowered those requirements in BC2.

So anyway, they are different and I think many PC people will move to it because of the features and dedicated servers. I don't know what will happen to it with consoles.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

After a fair few hours of beta play, I don't see myself playing MW2 again.

Comment

2 words:

Dedicated Servers.

Comment

And for many, dedicated servers are going to drive people to the game. I have to admit though that it was kinda nice not being banned while everyone called me a hacker in MW2. It was nice being able to use all the weapons and features in the game also.

There is also growing complaints, that some may have already seen, that BC2 is nothing like MW2 and they dont like it and are going back to MW2.

There are going to be a ton of people going to BC2. It seems like a really fun game. There are some downsides to it as well though.

Crunch

Comment

I was never a big fan of MF2, BF2142 was simply amazing.
            If the BFBC2 beta can give me a glimpse in what the game will be like then that will help make my decision.
            On that note, I cannot see MW2 living much past 2 months after the full BFBC2 release as even the "Curious" buyers might of left MW2.
            Though I cannot see IW caring, they have their money.

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
              I was never a big fan of MF2, BF2142 was simply amazing.
              If the BFBC2 beta can give me a glimpse in what the game will be like then that will help make my decision.
              On that note, I cannot see MW2 living much past 2 months after the full BFBC2 release as even the "Curious" buyers might of left MW2.
              Though I cannot see IW caring, they have their money.
              I thought you loved MW2 and had no problems with anything?

Comment

Yeah. You even were getting upset over all the attacks on it. Were you a closet hater?

:laugh:

Crunch

Comment

I think he meant BF2

You said there were bad things, what were they? And, comparing them to MW2 (tring to keep it on topic) were they worse or better?

Comment

Bc2 is indeed a good game but i cant play i maxed out so i will buy it for ps3 insted. I m i gfx whore if i cant play a game maxed out i wont play it at all :P. But it is notisable that this game was made for the console version in mind. The beta rly dint had an impact on me like damn i need to play this game rly badly like mw2 did to me. I think this is duo to the fact that i already played
                    bc1. Bad company series are good but its still not as good as bf2 witch was made for pc users in mind.

ps groundedzero you done boosting oeppsss did i say to much xD

Comment

ps ch3ch3n you got to which prestige again through boosting? haha, nah, im at school, they block Steam :'(

Anywho, what made you want to be all "omg I need to play this game" about MW2, that's missing in BC2?

Comment

I boosted til prestige 4, doing 5th prestige legit and going to stay at 5. About MW2, I think it was the fact that i saw so much new stuff brought into the game that i rly wanted to play it. On the other hand bc is prety much the same like it was exept some minor changes like uav helicoter, med class. Dont gt me wrong not trying to bash it in enyway it just my personal opion.

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                          So. ****ing. True.

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                            To right mate!

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                              I thought you loved MW2 and had no problems with anything?
                              So i have to stick to one opinion?

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                              Yeah. You even were getting upset over all the attacks on it. Were you a closet hater?

:laugh:

Crunch
                              Opinions are fine, but the constant "I hate it because of..." It annoys me when people do not justify their response.
                              I still like the game, just because I do doesn't mean i cannot purchase BFBC2. That goes the same for believing the game will last a while. Right now i cannot see that happening.
                              I am not a die hard fan I look at logic.

Comment

Working...
                              X