Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Map Pack: Classics? Would you support it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Map Pack: Classics? Would you support it?

I would support it being made, but I would never pay for it. Mashturr and Karkand would own

Comment

I for one hope they won't come up with pay to play content. Was there any for BC?

Port Bavaria / Liberation of Leipzig; two of the best maps never got the attention they deserved because it was DLC. And even now when they've been announced free for all with the next patch, DICE sits with thumb in their asses not bringing those to the majority of still existing players

Comment

Originally posted by L-iNC
        Was there any for BC?
        No but this game is being marketed a whole lot more with it being on PC as well as consoles this time so it wouldn't rule it out

Update: Just found this

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1063146p1.html

Its an article on BC2 but underneath the second pic it says "True to EA's policy, Bad Company 2 is to supported by a string of DLC."

So looks like we will then.

Comment

I suppose? Depending what maps they would include I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by [29ID]A|CPT.Juno{XX}
            Tobruk
            Berlin 42 style.
            El Alamein
            nice...:thumbsup:

Comment

Invasion of the Phillipines, Operation Husky,Monte Cassino

Comment

problem here with including old school BF1942/DC maps is that this is a 32 player game. I don't think some of those classic maps would carry well with that amount of players. But I would not mind seeing a few BF2/SF maps. Karkand though? No, that is what everyone played for years and it why would we want to go back to spending $50 for a single map.

Maybe, after all, this is a bad idea. I say that because if they don't include Karkand, every baby out there is going to b!tch about "Where is Karkand, this is lame, wtf are these maps?!

But I do like the idea if they DiCE supports user generated maps and the community could build their own, which would allow a heck of a lot more variety...which, I sometimes feel is what really hurt BF2 to begin with, only having a handful of ranked maps, then charging for the expansions.

If they make you pay for DLC maps, they are going to kill those maps before they ever hit the servers because we've already see what happens when people expect something for free, and then get charged for nothing new.

Comment

Using the old maps mentioned above sounds real sweet to me....old memories in the Frostbite engine would rock.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                    If they make you pay for DLC maps, they are going to kill those maps before they ever hit the servers because we've already see what happens when people expect something for free, and then get charged for nothing new.
                    This.

I hope DICE and EA have learned their lesson here. Map packs that you have to pay for aren't worth the money and are just a waste of time. You get about a month or two as a few servers use them and then almost all of those go away after too many people get kicked when you put the new maps in the regualr rotation. So no one ends up using them at all because too many people don't have them. Any map DLC needs to be free for all.

Comment

Operation Irving BFV
                      El Alamein BF42
                      Sharqi BF2
                      Aberdeen BF42
                      OH YEAH AND STALINGRAD 1942

Comment

BF2:SF Ghost Town would be so awesome in BFBC2.

And some sort of modern version of Operation Shingle from BF2142

Comment

Kubra Dam
                          Operation Cleansweep
                          Dragon Valley

Comment

No Love for Kubra Dam?

Comment

El Alamein for sure! <3 that map in DC days.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenMachine
                                I don't think any of the "Classic" maps would work because they weren't built with destruction in mind. The destruction would completely change the way the map is played and therefore make it pointless.
                                How exactly would it be pointless? The BF1942 maps were made (loosely) on real layouts. Make the buildings fall down and you don't change much.

In BF1942 and BF2, very few buildings were even enterable, let alone destroyable. So I don't think it would make a huge difference.

Give me urban siege from DC on the frostbite engine! Complete with harriers!

Comment

Working...
                                X