Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Map Pack: Classics? Would you support it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Pack: Classics? Would you support it?

If DICE were to announce a map pack based on Classic Maps(previous BF maps) would you support it?

What would your classic map pack include?( NO mentions of Wake it doesn't work without jets)

BF2:
    Strike at Karkand
    Road to Jalalabad
    Sharqi Peninsula

BF2142
    Camp Gibraltar
    Cerbere Landing(CareBear Landing)
    Fall of Berlin

Re: Map Pack: Classics? Would you support it?

Tobruk
    Berlin 42 style.
    El Alamein

Comment

Strike at karkand in the frostbite engine are you kidding me? I would pay 50$ alone for that map in the engine... imagine all the buildings, towers, bridges(well actually i think theres only one) being destroyable.

To be honest I still don't understand why we still do graphics > destruction / physics ... destruction in a video game just makes it so much fun and good physics when I first played Half-Life 2 I couldn't believe I could do all that and get away with it :laugh:

Comment

The bridge in Strike at Karkand was destructible..

Comment

Originally posted by Roberts91
          Strike at karkand in the frostbite engine are you kidding me? I would pay 50$ alone for that map in the engine... imagine all the buildings, towers, bridges(well actually i think theres only one) being destroyable.

To be honest I still don't understand why we still do graphics > destruction / physics ... destruction in a video game just makes it so much fun and good physics when I first played Half-Life 2 I couldn't believe I could do all that and get away with it :laugh:
          i'd pay them to not bring it back

Comment

Sharqi Peninsula= Yes please!
            Karkand= No...

I have way too many bad memory from Karkand of my team on the American side doing nothing but trying to take the first flag in a giant medic nade fail fest. And on MEC side people would not recap the flags on the East side of the bridge (I think its the east side. Which ever side has the warehouse and tank/apc spawns). Although if MEC could keep all the flags on the east side of the bridge without running across the water or the bridge like idiots at the first flag near the American uncap, we could turtle the Americans and win by attrition.

Comment

El Alamein for sure! That map brings back some memories in 49 & Desert Combat.

Comment

I'd like to see Operation Shingle (2142) in BC2.

Comment

wake, karkand, gibraltar should be barred from ever coming out again.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                    Agreed. I'd even be fine with a new infantry based map that took their role, but the same maps over again . . . uggh.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                      :nod:

Though it wouldn't make much difference since you know people are still going to flock to the infantry whore map du jour anyway, so if it's not Kark or Gib it's just going to be something else that reminds them of Kark or Gib. Such is what the general population of BF has become, sadly. :hmm:

Anyway, more on point, I agree 100% with El Alamein. That map was just plain awesome. Shuhia Taiba FTW as well. How about Operation Cedar Falls or Ia Drang Valley? BF:V had so many good maps, really. You like infantry, try Cambodian Incursion. Dense jungles, high grass, tall hills, and NO UAV to help you find that elusive sniper, but still giving you plenty of room to hide. <3 BF:V.

Comment

Anyone supporting a return of Kirkland needs to be euthanize. I am sick of that map, all the people I played with just wanted to play that map and admittedly once I got into it and joint the spam fest I ranked up like nothing. But that is all the map is, not skill just spam that is guaranteed to hit something and about 100 points minimum on a bad day. I would love to play Sharqi Peninsula again though.

Comment

Liberation of Liepzig (2142 NS) would be amazing. It's a very well designed map, plus it's at night. Not a point spamming fest either.

Comment

I don't think any of the "Classic" maps would work because they weren't built with destruction in mind. The destruction would completely change the way the map is played and therefore make it pointless. They might as well just create new maps instead with destruction in mind. Its a nice idea but I don't think it would work, so no I wouldn't support it.

Comment

Mashtuur city ... Its an awsome map wich works awsomely with the BLackhawks!!

You just cant deny it ;P

Comment

Working...
                              X