What kind of debris can kill you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of debris can kill you?

I'm sure very small pieces of debris that fly around when things explode won't hurt you(I hope it does, though!), but what about large portions of buildings when they collapse? Can a building collapse on top of you, and if so, is it an instant-death? What about when a HumV goes flying after a tank hits it, will you die if it lands on you or smashes into you?

Re: What kind of debris can kill you?

Originally posted by Chaoszx
    I'm sure very small pieces of debris that fly around when things explode won't hurt you(I hope it does, though!), but what about large portions of buildings when they collapse? Can a building collapse on top of you, and if so, is it an instant-death? What about when a HumV goes flying after a tank hits it, will you die if it lands on you or smashes into you?
    IIRC you can die when a building collapses. I believe tha happened to me a couple times. Other debris is not lethal from what I could tell however.

Comment

Chunks of debris can hurt or kill you. If you see a guy sniping out of a window then just aim for the wall with an RPG and he should go down. Tanks are pretty lethal for taking out guys behind cover this way.

Comment

Sounds awesome so far. Are there any large pieces that go flying when destroying a wall that can potentially hit and hurt someone a small distance away?

Comment

That would be pretty cool if a vehicle explodes or crashes into something it would take down the building and kill those around it.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Rugerdog
            Chunks of debris can hurt or kill you. If you see a guy sniping out of a window then just aim for the wall with an RPG and he should go down. Tanks are pretty lethal for taking out guys behind cover this way.
            The debris isn't the thing killing them though the explosion is. It's just going through the breaking wall. Bits of stuff doesn't fly around and kill people.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
              That would be pretty cool if a vehicle explodes or crashes into something it would take down the building and kill those around it.

Crunch
              ahh, the old battlefield jihad.
              "Crunch's First Officer"
              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                Good times, good times

1942 had the best little jeeps that would obliterate a tank.

BUT, I was thinking more of a chopper getting shot down and going into a building, killing everyone inside

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by Painboy
                  The debris isn't the thing killing them though the explosion is. It's just going through the breaking wall. Bits of stuff doesn't fly around and kill people.
                  So you can verify that debris does NOT damage you if it flies into you?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaoszx
                    So you can verify that debris does NOT damage you if it flies into you?
                    I can only verify what I have played in the beta. I never got hit with debris or saw anyone get hit with debris. As far as I could tell any flying debris is just a visual effect. If someone died, or got damaged behind a wall, it was the explosion of the weapon and not the debris.

Comment

Yes, but FWIR the "explosion" from the breaking wall has a larger kill radius than direct splash (using the GL). Call it what you may.

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                        I have a feeling quad + c4 is going to be quite effective.

Comment

I can only verify what I have played in the beta. I never got hit with debris or saw anyone get hit with debris. As far as I could tell any flying debris is just a visual effect. If someone died, or got damaged behind a wall, it was the explosion of the weapon and not the debris.
                          I have to agree, the only debris that I saw killing people was buildings falling.

@Crunch - I don't think a chopper going down would take down a building unless the building was about to fall anyway and the chopper hit it in the right spot.

@H4yd3n - You might find the UAV and C4 fun as well

Comment

I know BUT IT SHOULD!

Crunch

Comment

@Crunch i got to admit that it would be very awsome if there was damage/the ability yo make holes horizontally, in roofs/etc and not just in walls (verticaly) would make it so mutch better to see helicopters and stuff falling down spining like that and entering through a house.

One thing: I saw that when you destroy an helicopter it starts spining first, but does it spin till it crashes on the ground?? (imagine if the hit wasnt that hard) and you could survive, or it spins just a little in the air and it blows up just after some seconds?

And how are the car/vehicle remains?? For example when you blow up a tank does the tank stays there for many time? till the end of the round and you can allways use it as cover? it instantly dissapears a few seconds ago right in front of you? or does the vehicle remains "blow up" like in bf2 and dissapear through the ground?

Comment

Working...
                              X