Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you going to pre-order for the PC beta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are you going to pre-order for the beta?

Originally posted by jesus
    Where's the option for "No, I am going to play the demo instead and then I might buy the game"
    ??????
    Because its about the beta here and not the demo?????

Comment

Originally posted by Kradath
      Because its about the beta here and not the demo?????
      But is the demo not a reason why I wouldn't be interested in the beta?

Comment

I have had the game pre-ordered since last September before I even knew about the beta. So the beta and demo, if there is a demo, will be a treat. But I did have to switch my pre-order from the PC to the PS3 though.

Comment

But is the demo not a reason why I wouldn't be interested in the beta?
          Two things in favour of the Beta:
          1) Its here soon, the demo is a month or two away
          2) There is a small chance that our whining may actually have a bit of influence.

That said, EA and other seems to treat Betas like early demos these days.

Comment

I dont know, I would be surprised if there is a demo for PC. With this beta and demo for consoles, why bother for PC?

And yeah, this poll is about the beta, not a demo

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I thought a MP demo was confirmed?

Comment

I thought a MP demo was confirmed?
                All I know is that a demo is confirmed for consoles. There may be one coming for PC, but I am not aware of that. Of course, I am only one person and am wrong now and again

Crunch

Comment

just pre-ordered through steam. Can't wait for the 28th.

Comment

Shouldn't it read "Are you going to pre order for the PC beta"? Or you should have an option saying I already pre ordered and played the beta

You would think this is just a PC game the way you lot go on

Comment

Consoles are DEAD to me!!!111!

I know not what you speak of.

I get tired of the PC for the PC and did not think of console, but since it may confuse some people, I guess I better change it up.

Always wanted to say I like your scanned machine Broken.

EDIT: OK, fixed. I also added a new option for the console people.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                        Consoles are DEAD to me!!!111!

I know not what you speak of.

I get tired of the PC for the PC and did not think of console, but since it may confuse some people, I guess I better change it up.

Always wanted to say I like your scanned machine Broken.

EDIT: OK, fixed. I also added a new option for the console people.

Crunch
                        lol I wasn't expecting you to change it but now I can vote as well so its all good!

My friend made the pic for one of our tracks on Soundcloud but I thought it was quite suitable for my avatar as well.

Comment

Re: Are you going to pre-order for the PC beta?

i pre-ordered from play.com

Since 1999, we've paid our members over $3.2 Billion in Cash Back. Join now for an extra 10% Cash Back boost. Shop 3,500+ stores using coupons or cash back!

however ive yet to get a email from them about the beta

Pre-Order from Play.com and receive a code to access the PC BETA before anyone else! The BETA is due to start on the 28th January 2010 (subject to change). Codes and instructions on how to access the BETA early will be emailed two days prior (currently 26th January) to the start of the BETA. Please note, pre-orders already taken will automatically receive a code.

is play.com pulling my leg?

Comment

Originally posted by Highrank
                            I did some research if you can actually cancel it, and found this quote at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_bad_company_2

"..... Gamestop will not allow you to cancel the pre-order once you receive a beta code from them"
                            I wonder if that is actually a violation of consumer rights or something. I don't remember reading anything about the beta being of any monetary value so for them to not allow you to cancel a pre-order would be like forcing you to buy something against your will. Don't take this as fact as I have no idea if any of what I'm saying is true.

Comment

It could be a bait-and-switch kinda thing, I dont know for sure though.

Chances are they have to wait to get the keys and have an area to download the beta. I wouldn't be surprised if retailers are behind on giving out keys, especially if whomever is controlling them has to get them out the door also.

Crunch

Comment

Going to wait for some PC reviews first,this is not the normal BF game im used to and pre order or buy without question:salute:

Comment

Working...
                                X