Being Host and Crashing to Desktop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being Host and Crashing to Desktop.

After a good few hours of playing me and a few clan mates have worked out that, after the second game of being host, it is very likely that the host of the game will crash to desktop (iw4mp.exe is not responding).

We tested this with at first, me as the party leader, another 6/7 people joined our lobby and I was host (easily seen in the ping bars), first round went as normal, then as I was loading the second map my game crashed, and everyone else got a "server connection timed out" message.

We tested this quite a lot with both me and a clanmate hosting, we have hosted many games before and never experienced this issue PRIOR to the last update (.177 or something).

Not sure if anybody else is used to hosting in MW2 (on the PC) but if they are test this little "theory" out, since it's really starting to annoy us.

Re: Being Host and Crashing to Desktop.

Yes, it seems to have to do with the new patch.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I noticed the same thing after the latest patch. +1 to IW for testing their "fixes" properly.

Comment

A lot of people are reporting this. I've essentially refused to play MW2 until a lot of this BS is straightened out. I was "fine" with a lot of the game's crap up until the point of point boosting and point loss servers, and now the stupid game crashing if you're a host nonsense.

Comment

Yea I have to agree, I really enjoy the game but if you can't string more than 2 games on the trot you don't get any rythm and the game just becomes a hassle all over again.

Comment

Working...
          X