Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know if Bad Company 2 pc will have PhysX support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone know if Bad Company 2 pc will have PhysX support?

Originally posted by signa
    And then they followed up by disabling Physx unless you had a nvidia card.:facepalm: (although there is a hack out now)

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvi...able,8742.html
    Thats must be a candidate for "Brilliant move of the year".
    The only thing that could have savde PhysX was support from the major games like BF and COD, and they are not going to waste their time on an API only found on a small minority of the systems. Most didnt even bother with DX10

Comment

physx uses dedicated hardware on the nvida GPU....havox is purely software based....physx it superior to havox in the amount of things it can do but not many developers embrace it because of the dedicated hardware that was once needed just to use it. The most recent example of how much better physx can make a game look is batman Batman Arkham Asylum.

Originally posted by Vreki
      Thats must be a candidate for "Brilliant move of the year".
      The only thing that could have savde PhysX was support from the major games like BF and COD, and they are not going to waste their time on an API only found on a small minority of the systems. Most didnt even bother with DX10
      Nvidia purchased physx, it only makes sense that they would protect their own investment....ATI had their chance to by it or do a joint venture with nvidia and backed out.........I don't think I've seen a large blockbuster game in the last year that was not DX10

Comment

Well, ATI and havok partnered up, considering how much havok is supported they could start a counteraction against nvidia, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
          Nvidia purchased physx, it only makes sense that they would protect their own investment....ATI had their chance to by it or do a joint venture with nvidia and backed out.........I don't think I've seen a large blockbuster game in the last year that was not DX10
          "Protecting their investment" would be if they made sure that PhysX could only run on Nvidia hardware. But they are actively disabling the functionality on Nvidia cards if a competiors card is found. I am surprised that is legal. Or maybe ATI just doesnt care since PhysX is doomed anyway.

As for DX10, it is actually a pretty short list considering the time it has been out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ctX_10_support. You will notice that the COD series, lef 4 dead, Total War, FallOut etc. and other are missing from it.

Comment

Working...
          X