Wtf is this sh**!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtf is this sh**!?!?

Was just sitting in a packed Ground War lobby waiting to start the next map, 1 second to go before intermission pisses off and BAM!!!!! "User disconnected from steam"..

I try to click play again and it denies me saying I'm not connected to steam?... I close the game and open my steam console and try to open the game from there, I then get this pop up?

WTF??

This is why I HATE steam, a load of problem causing bs.

Anyway thanks for any help!

Re: Wtf is this sh**!?!?

You might get this once in a blue moon. Chances are the Steam servers went down for some maintenance or your net lost connection for a minute. Exit Steam completely, perhaps delete the clientregistry.blob file first, then restart.

Don't freak out on Steam. Just restart the game or Steam and play. Chances are you won't see that again and if you do, it won't be for a while.

Funny how you'd freak out on Steam when IW's stupid system has been far, far worse for everyone else comparatively.

Comment

I had this once, about 5 weeks ago, I just pressed play and I hadn't lost any points or challenges etc. Not steams fault, blame IW for the bad idea in the first place.

Comment

I have always hated steam, it fcked me out my complete orange box set.. It's lame! Give me a complete installation CD any day.

Besides I have had no problems with MW2, you get the odd laggy host but that's about it. The smaller teams is the best thing they could have done, you can actually use a bit of tactical maneuvering now without getting blown apart every time you reveal more than 2:10 of your body. Just wish they would make grenade launcher a perk rather than an attachment.

P.S. Oh and ffs get rid of thermal scope on sniper rifles >_<"

Comment

Originally posted by CrAzY eYeD cAt =^O.o^=
          I have always hated steam, it fcked me out my complete orange box set.. It's lame! Give me a complete installation CD any day.
          If you just asked for help in their support section they most likely would have fixed it. They are very good with those things.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
            If you just asked for help in their support section they most likely would have fixed it. They are very good with those things.
            You're talking about the people who lock any thread that doesn't have VAC painted as the second coming of Jesus. Any debate on their anti-cheat results in a lock and maybe a ban, no matter how civil it is. I don't trust anything they say after crap like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
              Nah to get it back I had to fill out a form and supply a receipt and codes and all this other bs, I'd rather just spend another $80 then waste 5 hours of my life trying to figure out where they f*cked up. Steam is just lame.

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                I had this once, about 5 weeks ago, I just pressed play and I hadn't lost any points or challenges etc. Not steams fault, blame IW for the bad idea in the first place.
                Nope I tried that, Steam had problems syncing with my online files or some sh*t.

Comment

Working...
                X