• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am i the only one

Tech forums anyways

Comment

I have an Acer monitor and it works very well, great quality for a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by Indecisi0n
        I so super excited for BC that i found myself getting a little out of control getting ready for it. I normally don't spend a lot of cash on my PC but i am finding myself wanted to expand on what i have just for the game. I'm not going with a i7 yet so i am building on what i have now.

Looking at an extra 2 gigs memory - 159.00
        New DELL U2410 24in IPS LCD MONITOR 489.00
        New video card which will be around 500.00 (going to buy closer to the release date to get DX11 card)

Thats a total of 1147.00 all because of this game !

Is it march yet ? :salute:
        i'm okay with TN panels until IPS prices stabilize and become more affordable.

i think you're the only one excited enough to spend so much on your setup.

also it might be smarter for a BF fan to wait closer to BF3 for investing in a nice video card. that is, if your current one will do.

tbh, looking at your specs, i'd sit still until BF3. your PC is fine, only thing remotely unsure of is how your 8800GTX will do. but i'd wait to play the game on it first before making any new purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
          i'm okay with TN panels until IPS prices stabilize and become more affordable.

i think you're the only one excited enough to spend so much on your setup.

also it might be smarter for a BF fan to wait closer to BF3 for investing in a nice video card. that is, if your current one will do.

tbh, looking at your specs, i'd sit still until BF3. your PC is fine, only thing remotely unsure of is how your 8800GTX will do. but i'd wait to play the game on it first before making any new purchases.
          Well i been wanting a monitor for a while now so thats not just for BF. The things i want for BF are the memory and the video card. The video card i am def waiting on until nvidia releases their DX11 card. The memory was A LOT cheaper when i originally purchased it through newegg so i am waiting on that as well for now.

So right now monitor is going to be purchased in the next week or two. Memory is being held off until the price drops again and video being held as well. I hate all this waiting ! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rugerdog
            Wherever you buy a monitor from make sure they have a no questions asked return period. Dead pixels can be a real issue.
            so true. Newegg has a very strict return policy for monitors. I buy a lot of stuff there, but recommend staying away from their monitors.
            "Crunch's First Officer"
            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

There are alot of good monitors around besides Dell's, Shop around a bit more you may find a hidden gem somewhere for alot cheaper.

To your original question you're not I'm saving for a new Graphics Card so waiting to see what nice prices will be around end of Feb.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                There are alot of good monitors around besides Dell's, Shop around a bit more you may find a hidden gem somewhere for alot cheaper.

To your original question you're not I'm saving for a new Graphics Card so waiting to see what nice prices will be around end of Feb.
                To be honest with you I hate the Dell name. I did everything in my power to stay away from them but after all the reviews specs I read this monitor is a winner. Is it pricey ? Yes but hopfully worth it.

Comment

Nope, I am also an Idiot,

BFG GTX 295
                  1 Gig of ram
                  Window 7

And that will fracking do

Comment

Originally posted by Rogu3granny
                    Nope, I am also an Idiot,

BFG GTX 295
                    1 Gig of ram
                    Window 7

And that will fracking do
                    Woah woah woah, only 1 gig of RAM? That a typo or is that for the video card?

I assume video card, but I have to be sure

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                    X