Am i the only one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am i the only one

I so super excited for BC that i found myself getting a little out of control getting ready for it. I normally don't spend a lot of cash on my PC but i am finding myself wanted to expand on what i have just for the game. I'm not going with a i7 yet so i am building on what i have now.

Looking at an extra 2 gigs memory - 159.00
    New DELL U2410 24in IPS LCD MONITOR 489.00
    New video card which will be around 500.00 (going to buy closer to the release date to get DX11 card)

Thats a total of 1147.00 all because of this game !

Is it march yet ? :salute:

Re: Am i the only one

Your overpaying for that monitor. You can get a 24" with 2ms for much less.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
      Your overpaying for that monitor. You can get a 24" with 2ms for much less.
      true story...shop newegg, they always have amazing deals for monitors (got my current one during their holiday sale for $120)

Comment

X3...like everyone said, that monitor is overpriced.

You're not the only one. I plan on making a total of 3 purchases for this game, 2 of which I already bought. I upgraded my pc earlier in '09 so I'm already running DDR3.

Upgraded my core 2 duo to a Quad Core 9400 which I plan to OC. Retails for $189.00
        Bought Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit....$189.00
        And last but not least is the video card ($500), but like you I will be waiting closer to the release date. Hopefully Nvidia will arrive with its DX11 card in time forAMD to drop their prices. I would prefer to spend $400 on a card. My rig is crossfire ready and currently Im running dual 4870's. I would love to buy two 5870's but I cant justify spending a grand on video cards.

Comment

You guys have any links that perform just as well if not better than that Dell? I am on iPhone at work so I can't search right now (searches on here are blahhh).

I made myself dizzy comparing monitor specs and my buddy has that one. It looked really nice and adjust every which way which I liked about it.

Thanks in advance to help.

Comment

That ram looks way too expensive as well.Ram is dirt cheap now.And do you already have 4 gigs?If so,I wouldn't worry about putting more ram in your machine.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-043-_-Product

Comment

Wherever you buy a monitor from make sure they have a no questions asked return period. Dead pixels can be a real issue.

Comment

You would spend almost $500 on a 24" monitor? I have an LCD 22" samsung that was $250, follow everyones advice and do some price comparing before you blow all of your money.

Comment

I am going to do more comparing later tonight. I was going crazy comparing specs/price.
                  That Dell got awesome reviews and like I said my buddy has one and it looks nice. The place does gar againt dead pixels.

Comment

I got that exact LCD a month ago for $260 aud on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by Corvic
                      true story...shop newegg, they always have amazing deals for monitors (got my current one during their holiday sale for $120)
                      got mine for an even better 89 bucks on the most amazing monitor from ACER (lol just bragging)

Comment

Originally posted by xRAMBOx
                        I got that exact LCD a month ago for $260 aud on ebay
                        The dell ? Was it new ?

Comment

Oh, and don't buy ACER like the person above me.

Comment

I think i am just going with the Dell. Is it over priced ? Maybe but the quality is awesome.
                            I went to my buddies to look at it again and its VERY nice.

Comment

it was benQ (good rep),dell is a third party company using other brand to make thier own so no wonder its more expensive!

i think acers are fine?

Comment

Working...
                              X