This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Steam?

I like Steam a lot but I also like having a physical box for my game, collectors/special editions and all that

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
      I like Steam a lot but I also like having a physical box for my game, collectors/special editions and all that
      The box was the one reason for me not to go the steam way, but with ME2 I broke that spell and I regret not buying DAO on steam.

Comment

Originally posted by Banzai101
        Hello no! No no no!!! I hate Steam. The support with MW2 is so sh**y. Like, you report a hacker and they do nothing.
        But, I'd rather have like, Games for Windows LIVE or EA support from BF2 and BF2142. But not steam.
        Reporting hackers to steam is like reporting them to GameStop or other retailers.
        Try the Publisher and/or Developer next time

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
          Reporting hackers to steam is like reporting them to GameStop or other retailers.
          Try the Publisher and/or Developer next time
          well actually no it isnt since valve who owns steam also owns VAC which is their anti cheat system, so since mw2 is supposedly running vac then yah you go and report them to valve

Comment

But the developer being not valve is the one responsible for their game in the end, it is their task to make sure it is hack free.

Comment

Originally posted by [IC]Black Templar =TRO=
              well actually no it isnt since valve who owns steam also owns VAC which is their anti cheat system, so since mw2 is supposedly running vac then yah you go and report them to valve
              Thats an issue with VAC, not Steam. Most thirdparty steamgames does not use VAC.
              And there is still no point in reporting individual hackers to Valve, the only way to be banned by VAC is if the engine detects a cheat.
              Links to actual cheats on the other hand should be reported to Valve so the can upgrade the engine.
              In the case of MW2 I am pretty sure that it still is IW/Activision that has the power to ban individual users.

You may think that VAC sucks, but that is not a reason to avoid Steam, you just need to avoid VAC-based games. Especially those without server admins.

Comment

Steam is the anti-Christ.

'nuf said.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavrik347

'nuf said.
                  I am Atheist.

'nuf said.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavrik347

'nuf said.
                    Then sign me up for Satan's Army. I love me some steam.

Comment

Working...
                    X