This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam?

Was this confirmed before? If so - awesome.

Re: Steam?

Cool, but I hope steam is separate from the game and doesn't tie your retail CD key to your account.

Comment

i hope they don't make beta access for steam preorders only

Comment

I doubt they'll tie it to your steam account, it's a bit late to be announcing that, although to be fair MW2 felt it damn late as well. Hope it's a good price on Steam and I'll pre order it straight away.

Comment

they said they won't make you tie to steam. i guess if you buy from steam that's another thing

Comment

I do not like all these games being tied to steam, Why cannot games just be separate?
            I am not liking all the benefits they are giving out to "online pre-orders" such as the beta. Some of us like to own a hard copy of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
              I do not like all these games being tied to steam, Why cannot games just be separate?
              I am not liking all the benefits they are giving out to "online pre-orders" such as the beta. Some of us like to own a hard copy of the game.
              I can understand wanting a hard copy, but by having to register with steam to activate you will have that copy forever...

I mean anywhere you can access the internet and d/l steam, you will have the game. Plus, no need to put in the cd to play.

Comment

I think developers are starting to see Steam as the platform to be on, it's got great anti-piracy measures, they've got total control over the game with regards to patching and it's a helpful for users as others have already mentioned. Empire Total War, DoW2 and MW2 all forced you to tie it to steam no, three pretty massive games too.

Comment

i preordered it off amazon so ill get it pretty quick like maybe not as quick as some nerds but....pretty quick like

Comment

Hello no! No no no!!! I hate Steam. The support with MW2 is so sh**y. Like, you report a hacker and they do nothing.
                    But, I'd rather have like, Games for Windows LIVE or EA support from BF2 and BF2142. But not steam.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvic
                      I can understand wanting a hard copy, but by having to register with steam to activate you will have that copy forever...

I mean anywhere you can access the internet and d/l steam, you will have the game. Plus, no need to put in the cd to play.
                      That is true but what happens for whatever reason your steam account is hacked and you lose all access to your games?

Comment

Originally posted by Corvic

the logic of steam only works for europe and other places with abundance of GREAT internet. Places like here where its capped really badly (as in, 20GB a month LIMIT before it goes to a crawl, which is what I have). Sometimes hardcopy is the only way to go for me, because I share a computer of course, but blowing all of it in one go wont go down well with the family.

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
                          That is true but what happens for whatever reason your steam account is hacked and you lose all access to your games?
                          Steam can get it back for you provided you follow the steps required. Steam accounts don't just get hacked at random, people do stupid stuff with their passwords or fall for a fishing scam.

Steam WILL NOT remove a ban if your account is hijacked and then used for hacking, you must buy all of your games again.

Comment

Originally posted by garandx
                            Steam can get it back for you provided you follow the steps required. Steam accounts don't just get hacked at random, people do stupid stuff with their passwords or fall for a fishing scam.

Steam WILL NOT remove a ban if your account is hijacked and then used for hacking, you must buy all of your games again.
                            You would be surprised, not necessarily stupid people, but unaware of potential threats.
                            People just need to be educated.

Comment

Working...
                            X