Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone think IW is going to release a XMAS themed map this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone think IW is going to release a XMAS themed map this year?

Then why not do this in Cod4?
    It would seem they are trying to make the consoles and PC "one" but we aren't, we are different, this brings both advantages and disadvantages. They need to tred carefully if they continue this trend.

Comment

If they gonna do a christmas version of some map, I hope it`s not a map that is already snowy.

Comment

They will not, main reason Consoles never had Crash Snow, and since MW2 is just like the console version you can say, No and No.

Free Content that ended with IWon't... Thanks to people that bought the game on the PC this will be a continued trend for COD series.

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
          Then why not do this in Cod4?
          It would seem they are trying to make the consoles and PC "one" but we aren't, we are different, this brings both advantages and disadvantages. They need to tred carefully if they continue this trend.
          You'll have to note that Modern Warfare 2 is using Steamworks, allowing for ease of use DLC to appear in the Steam store, none of which are currently free for other games. I'm taking that as a sign. But who knows.

Comment

L4D is a steam game and we got couple free DLCs.

Comment

There is also TF2... But Valve are the only guys to do that. You know, spoil the PC community and actually treat us as valued customers. Somehow, they've gotten to be pretty powerful with that strategy. Who knew?

Comment

no valve got similar sort of hatred and boycotting when they announced L4D2.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                  There is also TF2... But Valve are the only guys to do that. You know, spoil the PC community and actually treat us as valued customers. Somehow, they've gotten to be pretty powerful with that strategy. Who knew?

From the steam store:

Half-Life 2 19,99€
                  Half-Life 2: Episode Two 14,99€
                  Half-Life 2: Episode One 9,99€
                  Half-Life 2: Lost Coast 9,99€

I think you could call that DLC too.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                    From the steam store:

Half-Life 2 19,99€
                    Half-Life 2: Episode Two 14,99€
                    Half-Life 2: Episode One 9,99€
                    Half-Life 2: Lost Coast 9,99€

I think you could call that DLC too.
                    No. Those are separate games. (Maybe not Lost Coast, but the others).

Comment

You know, I didn't get Episode One right when it came out because it smelled like DLC to me.

When the Orange Box came out, I had no reason not to get it. Even if it was just Portal and TF2 for $40, I would have been happy. But then I had all of that Half-Life 2 content to play through, and now I think that both episodes had enough content to stand on their own as smaller games.

Oh, and DLC generally requires a base game to play it. The HL2 episodes are stand-alone games.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                        This! Just look at TF2 - massive update this and next week

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                          no valve got similar sort of hatred and boycotting when they announced L4D2.
                          This was before people knew how much they had actually changed and refined the game. L4D2 is actually a new game that greatly improves on its predecessor.

Comment

Working...
                          X