Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like ISPs are getting involved with MW2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looks like ISPs are getting involved with MW2...

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
    I think its to do with an ISP getting pissy that they are using way too much usage, this being due to the fact that games for MW2 are host provided therefore using the hosts internet bandwidth usage, and in this case the ISP are not happy about it.
    Which ISP are you using? The biggest reasons why my brother and I have wasted 2 months of xbox live is because

a) He is lazy
    b) I prefer games on the PC
    c) We are worried of using up our bandwidth

Comment

Originally posted by Field
      huh funny you guys mention this but i was playing on monday and then one match i lagg out hard and then im not able to even connect to the internet at all for about an hour
      Something like this has happened to me a few times. I was the host for five games straight, everyone had decent connections. Then all of the sudden the game lagged out for everyone, me included. Did I mention I WAS THE HOST? How does the host even lag out? Then I get a popup saying I lost connection to Steam, then reconnected. After a total of 25 seconds or so, the lag usually stops and everything is back to being good for everyone. If not, my internet stays out for about five minutes and I'm guessing everyone got a "Server Connection Lost" or some such.

It's happened with and without my router in the mix, my first thought was that it was going out.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
        Which ISP are you using? The biggest reasons why my brother and I have wasted 2 months of xbox live is because

a) He is lazy
        b) I prefer games on the PC
        c) We are worried of using up our bandwidth
        I am currently with iiNet and as of a few months ago they released Xbox Live into their freezone usage.

Comment

How much do you actually download/upload during say an hour of playing?

Comment

One of MyGaming’s resident forum users and Modern Warfare 2 junkies – Maplassie – did some bandwidth consumption tests.
            After continual testing in a variety of game types - from busy games to quiet games, with and without voice communication – the finding suggests that the average game uses over 200MB per hour when hosting.

According to Radius bandwidth tracker, one six hour session used 1695MB download and 269MB upload, resulting in an average of 327MB of bandwidth per hour. Another 4 hour 50 minutes session used a total of 1480MB, averaging close to 310MB an hour. All other applications were closed during this time, and the only data consumer was the game.
            From http://www.mygaming.co.za/news/news/...-examined.html

And there is also some info here: http://www.2old2play.com/modules.php...topic&p=578221

Comment

hmm 200-300mb an hour thats gonna suck if you play a few hours everyday,

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                hmm 200-300mb an hour thats gonna suck if you play a few hours everyday,
                Could explain why they keep throttling my internet at home after a few hours of my friend and I playing LANed at my place online...and more friends are planning to join us.

Comment

Working...
                X