Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlefield BC2/1943 minimum requierments.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield BC2/1943 minimum requierments.

We now know the minimum requirements for the upcoming Battlefield titles, we can speculate no more. Gordon Van Dyke has posted, the minimum specs for Battlefield bad Company 2 ,and Battlefield 1943. This is good for those of us in the PC gaming community that have been contemplating, to weather or not they need to upgrade their computers to be able to play the new Battlefield installments.

Originally posted by GVD
    A lot of you have been asking for the minimum hardware specs to run Frostbite games, more specifically for Battlefield Bad Company 2 & Battlefield 1943's minimum requirements, and today is the lucky day. Below, you likely skipped ahead and read them already, are the minimum and recommended hardware specs for running BFBC 2 and BF1943.

Minimum Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943
    Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
    Main memory: 2GB
    Graphics card: GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900
    Graphics memory: 256MB
    Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)
    10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943)

Recommended Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943
    Processor: Quadcore
    Main memory: 2GB
    Graphics card: GeForce GTX 260
    Graphics memory: 512MB
    Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)
    10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943)

So after reading this some of you might feel the need to update your list to Santa Claus or celebrating the power of your PC and e-manhood. Either way we hope this helps you prepare for the release of these epic Battlefield games! Now reserve here so you're ready! :-)

Love Always,

GvD
    Source: Battlefield Blog

Re: Battlefield BC2/1943 minimum requierments.

Cool Beans.

Pretty Intense Recommended specs. Finaly a game that pushes our machines some. Kind of surprised that the recommended memory isnt 4GB

Comment

Originally posted by garandx
      Cool Beans.

Pretty Intense Recommended specs. Finaly a game that pushes our machines some. Kind of surprised that the recommended memory isnt 4GB
      Keep in mind the engine is optimised for consoles with 512mb ram total (for both gpu and cpu) or 256mb ram in PS3

Comment

Yeah, but with PC's, DICE can make better textures, etc. So more RAM is needed. And Windows take RAM too..

looks like I can run it with medium/low

Comment

Until i see an official post i have my doubts on that info.....I mean it lists a disc version of BF1943...........Isn't it supposed to be download only and 500 mb?

Comment

They did have plans to package it with BC2 though, so whether or not that meant a disk or a code you got with it I don't know

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
              Until i see an official post i have my doubts on that info.....I mean it lists a disc version of BF1943...........Isn't it supposed to be download only and 500 mb?
              It will come in a bundle package with BF BC 2.

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                They did have plans to package it with BC2 though, so whether or not that meant a disk or a code you got with it I don't know
                Thats what i would of thought if anything....a download code including for the EA downloader but that info on a disc size pretty much squashes that theory........especially since they have been taking preorders for it already for $14.99....

Originally posted by Leopardi
                It will come in a bundle package with BF BC 2.

If so they have allot of preorders to refund at the EA store........

Comment

Do you know who Gordon Van Dyke is? This is straight from the Battlefield Blog, and it has been posted by GVD it's as official as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
                    Do you know who Gordon Van Dyke is? This is straight from the Battlefield Blog, and it has been posted by GVD it's as official as it gets.
                    No, i dont know who GVD is........I've only been playing since BF42....and competed against him in DC........

I do know its still listed as $15 at the EA store because i already preordered it.....the battlefield blog is not the voice of the EA marketing department and they are the ones running things, not DICE........unless they will be offering 2 different packages of bad company 2....one with 1943 that cost $65 and one without for $50 I just don't see how this can work because EA is not in the business of mass refunding preorders and a heck of allot of people already paid for 1943.....

Comment

No, i dont know who GVD is........I've only been playing since BF42....and competed against him in DC........

I do know its still listed as $15 at the EA store because i already preordered it.....something just doesnt jive, the battlefield blog is nopt the voice of the EA marketing department and they are the ones running things, not DICE........unless they will be offering 2 different packages of bad company....one with 1943 and one without for a lower price.
                      Gvd made the blog post ... Maybe it requires so much space because theyve included high res textures, maybe some bonus maps etc.

Comment

When BF2142 came out there was a digital version and a Hardcopy so I would imagine this is the same story.

Comment

Why would you need 5 extra GB for the download version? I'm sure I missed something but I can't figure it out, lol.

Fairly high specs required I guess, but my new PC should be more than enough. Rather a large difference between minimum and required specs though.

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                            Fairly high specs required I guess, but my new PC should be more than enough.
                            The game looks great, we've only seen console screenshots and videos. I bet it will look much better on PC. Cant wait !! 3months to go.

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                              Why would you need 5 extra GB for the download version? I'm sure I missed something but I can't figure it out, lol.

Fairly high specs required I guess, but my new PC should be more than enough.
                              Im sure they count the space needed to first download all the compressed files and then the amount of space needed for the install as well.....you can always delete the install files after but technically you'll need the HD space for both the install and the download files at once.

Comment

Working...
                              X