How I would make it. Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I would make it. Thoughts?

Hello everybody! Since I'm in a PC school I've been programming a lot and I've always wanted to make a game. If I could pick what would go into BF3 here's my list and the campaign story will be at the end of it. I know this will take up a lot of HDD space but I think it would be worth it. This is a quick sketch up!

THIS IS THE SINGLEPLAYER!!!! Not the multiplayer, if you want my thoughts on that just ask.

The general environments
    • Several dense poorish cities
    • Jungles (South America and Africa)
    • Rural villages in mountains (South America, Africa)
    • Giant posh villa/mansion in Venezuela

Armies
    • British Royal Marines
    • United States Marine Corps
    • Special Air Service (SAS)
    • U.S. Army SF
    • African freedom fighters
    • Cartel gangsters
    • Venezuelan Army

Weapons go to their appropriate army. Thus giving certain sides different advantages.

British Royal Marines and SAS

SA80
    SA-80 LSW
    MP5SD6
    L115A1
    AW50F
    Sig P226 (Side arm)
    Colt 1911A1 (side arm)
    LAW whatever

United States Marine Corps

M16A4
    M4A1
    M249
    M240
    M40A3
    M107
    M14 DMR
    M1911A1
    SMAW

U.S. Army SF

M4A1
    M4 silenced
    MP5SD6
    Some epic sidearm
    M24
    Mark 48 LMG or whatever it's called
    Glock
    M136

Cartel gangsters and African freedom fighters

AK47
    AK107
    RPD
    RPK
    PKM
    FN FAL
    SVD
    Lee Enfield (Sniper)
    G3
    M1911
    Glock
    .357 magnum
    AK74U
    P90
    MP5K
    RPG7

Venezuelan Army

AK47
    FN Fal
    PKM
    SVD
    Sig 226
    G3
    RPG7

Mortars for all sides will be the available artillery

Standard armies will have CAS every now and then.

Main Battle Tanks

M1A2 TUSK (USMC)
    Challenger 2 (Brits)
    T72 Venezuela

Armored Personnel Carriers

AAVP7A1 (USMC)
    Warrior (Brits)
    BTR whatever cheap 3rd world junk) Venezuela

Light vehicles:

To reduce the hefty size of the game, HMMWVs and Land Rovers will have the same model but with different weapons mounted.

HMMWV M240 like the one in ArmA II (USMC)
    HMMWV Mk. 19 (USMC)
    HMMWV M2 .50 (USMC)
    Land Rover .50 (Brits)
    Land rover with some GL (Brits)
    Land Rover with LSW (Brits)

Pick ups with mounted AT weapons and heavy AP weapons (Venezuela, and the thugs)
    Some random trucks for them too

MTVR (USMC)
    Whatever the brits use (Brits)
    Some old trucks for the thugs and venezuela

Aircraft

MiG 29 (Venezuela)
    Harrier (USMC and Brits)

AH1W or Z (For USMC whatever they use)
    Lynx and whatever the Brits use
    Hind for venezuela

CH46 (USMC)
    Whatever for Brits
    Mi8 or something for venezuela
    VM22 Osprey (USMC)

The Campaign

In the early months of 2013 after the dramatic awaiting of the 2012 disaster when the world came together, things are back to normal, if not worse.

In Africa, a rebel group has been saving up restructuring it's forces after a ex-general took over. The organization has stolen enough money to arm it's troops with decent weaponry and vehicles to try and overthrow the current government.

This wouldn't be much of a surprise to the rest of the world except this particular government has 13 (Unlucky number) nuclear bombs bought from the Russians as they tried to get rid of them for money they desperately needed to rebuild it's country.

When the general officially confirmed their will on using these weapons against Europe and the U.S. if they didn't give them what they wanted. Which was more weapons to overthrown the government and nuke the two targets anyway.

After having spied on the general for several months before this, they discovered their money and weapons were coming from a drug cartel leader living in Venezuela and being protected by their military, unofficially of course.

The U.S. aided by the British decided to take action before it was too late, sending their armies to Africa to fight the general's 200'000 man strong military. The US and British SF were sent into South America along with a regiment of British and US Marines each.

The war was thought to be quick and peace would come soon thereafter. But we all know how wars go right?

The rest is a secret unless you beg enough.

Re: How I would make it. Thoughts?

just replace Dice team with POE team and make it destructable,Bam shamwow your done:yay:

Comment

I didn't discuss the gameplay. Only the factions, story and weapons.

I'm fully confident in DICE and using their epic BF-BC2 engine on this.

Comment

Looks like you put a lot of thought into this and it seems quite interesting, but it all really doesn't matter too much. Storyline, plot, armies, and weapons are all important parts of a game, but for nearly everyone (myself included) they all are secondary to gameplay. You'll notice that all the discussions going around in this sub-forum and the BC2 one are about gameplay, not about plot and weapons, at least not to such an extent. (I suppose weapons do play into gameplay though).

Gameplay particularly important in games like the BF series where (for the most part) there is no single-player campaign, but rather the focus is entirely on multi-player. Personally I could care less about the plot and setting: futuristic, historically, or modern are all fine in my book. That's one of the reasons why TF2 has done so well and is still attracting plenty of people, including myself. It's the pure, awesome, gameplay that interests people.

That's not to say that these things are irrelevant, they certainly have importance, but I would consider them icing on the cake and less likely to make or break a BF game, although it would have more of an impact in a different style of game.

Comment

Where story and gameplay meet are the armies, their equipment, and the locations they fight in. Story isn't a huge factor in multiplayer compared to actual gameplay, but it'll be the background of the game. I think distinct factions with their own (at least stock) weapons and vehicles would be better for BF3 instead of the CoD4/BC2 system where everyone gets access to every gun.

Comment

That's a damn lot of weapons...

Only problem I see here is balance.

The whole T72 vs. Abrams/Challenger just isn't logically sound. The T72 is an outdated battletank whereas the Abrams and the Challenger are both top of the line armor killers.

And the plot where Russians sell their Nukes for some money? Heck no, the Russians would never risk a nuclear war by selling nukes to some African kingdom or Venezuela, no matter how much money anyone offered. A CoD4-ish plot where a Ultra-Nationalist gains control of a Russian ICBM base? Thats definitely plausible.

Honestly a Chinese vs. US situation would be much more plausible, or perhaps A US vs. Russian one set in the near future? Something like what End-War was shooting for.

Comment

i don't want that many weapons. i'm fine with the amount of weapons from BF2/2142. its fine for you gun nuts but for people who know nothing about them, it's rather confusing and unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                Where story and gameplay meet are the armies, their equipment, and the locations they fight in. Story isn't a huge factor in multiplayer compared to actual gameplay, but it'll be the background of the game. I think distinct factions with their own (at least stock) weapons and vehicles would be better for BF3 instead of the CoD4/BC2 system where everyone gets access to every gun.
                I agree! I don't think anybody should be able to use any gun! It's an element I really miss from COD2.

Comment

what no coke farms?say hello to my little friend

Comment

I dont think BF3 is gonna have Singleplayer campaign.

Comment

Does BF-BC2 have one?

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
                        Does BF-BC2 have one?
                        Not a lot of information has been released, as far as I know, but I would assume so since Bad Company 2 is a successor to the first Bad Company, which also had a campaign, if I recall correctly.

However, BF3 is slated/hoped to be the successor to BF2/2142, both of which did not have campaigns. As far as I know, nor did any other game in the BF series before BF:BC.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
                          Only problem I see here is balance.

The whole T72 vs. Abrams/Challenger just isn't logically sound. The T72 is an outdated battletank whereas the Abrams and the Challenger are both top of the line armor killers.
                          Some asymmetrical maps with insurgent/militia groups against regular armies would be cool, but not as the only maps in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                            Not a lot of information has been released, as far as I know, but I would assume so since Bad Company 2 is a successor to the first Bad Company, which also had a campaign, if I recall correctly.

However, BF3 is slated/hoped to be the successor to BF2/2142, both of which did not have campaigns. As far as I know, nor did any other game in the BF series before BF:BC.
                            Thats was my point. BFBC2 is BFBC successor, thats why It has campaign. BF3, on the other hand is not BFBC2 successor. BF2 Or any other BF game did not have singleplayer campaign.

Comment

Bf 1942 had a single player...

Comment

Working...
                              X