2500 Cheaters banned from Modern Warfare 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2500 Cheaters banned from Modern Warfare 2

According to Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling, a large number of Modern Warfare 2 players on PC were banned over the weekend for using cheats in multiplayer matches.

About friggen time, there are some insanely open cheaters out there with lvl 70 and max Prestige nuking every other game. Funny though how cheaters make teams stick together, some of the most cooperative gaming I've seen is when people realize that there is a cheater and he is about to get a nuke.

Re: 2500 Cheaters banned from Modern Warfare 2

Wow, 2500 is a lot. Especially considering they claim the PC version doesn't have a large market and that their goal was to just not have cheaters on IWNet in the first place...

Comment

Let the whining begin!
      10 virtual points to the first who spots a "My brother was hacking on my account" post

Comment

So they are banning people that have used the ranking up hack?

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
          So they are banning people that have used the ranking up hack?
          I think its a standard VAC ban, so it is "real" hacks like modified clients etc.

Comment

I wonder what they are going to do about these folks:

Want to gain XP in Modern Warfare 2 fast? Join us and let's get boosting.

Comment

Probably not give a damn but I hope I am wrong.

Comment

I doubt anything will be done about that kind of thing. VAC cant detect it, and there are no server logs.

But hey, if they want to turn the game into work.........

And I notice that they also base their plan on "One Man Army", which is one of the last perks to unlock.

Comment

LOL, reminds me of the Battlefield days.

Also like the CoD4 days when everyone head shot each other to get camo skins.

I just never understand all the game cheating. Its a game. You are cheating at a public video game. How sad is that?

I do wonder how many steam accounts there are for MW2. 2500 seems like a very large number. According to PBBans, CoD:4 had 38,540 bans, so 2500 doesn't seem like that much.

Whats really low is W@W only has 4,126. I know there are more players for 4, but thats very very low.

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                    LOL, reminds me of the Battlefield days.

Also like the CoD4 days when everyone head shot each other to get camo skins.

I just never understand all the game cheating. Its a game. You are cheating at a public video game. How sad is that?

I do wonder how many steam accounts there are for MW2. 2500 seems like a very large number. According to PBBans, CoD:4 had 38,540 bans, so 2500 doesn't seem like that much.

Whats really low is W@W only has 4,126. I know there are more players for 4, but thats very very low.

Crunch
                    LOL, 4k and all those stat hacks. In COD4 you could set up a private servers to do the headshot thing, but MW2 you need to be in an official server, private games aren't ranked. Still think its funny, I still remember the Shipment servers.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
                      LOL, 4k and all those stat hacks. In COD4 you could set up a private servers to do the headshot thing, but MW2 you need to be in an official server, private games aren't ranked. Still think its funny, I still remember the Shipment servers.
                      It is really easy to "sync" matches, be it 1v1 or 6v6.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch

Crunch
                        I know what you mean, It is very sad when you need to feel to cheat in order to play a game well. I am glad of this banning I have come across about 4-5 hackers in the weeks I have been playing (not alot). If this means the game is more balanced for us legit players then that is great.
                        Kudos to IW as they could have left this :salute:.

Comment

are they gonna take away all of my deaths caused by these cheaters? :dead:

Comment

Nope. They are going to give you a loss every time you leave a game to avoid a cheater, though.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                              Nope. They are going to give you a loss every time you leave a game to avoid a cheater, though.
                              ...and what is the big deal about losses? I haven't seen an awards based on win to loss ratios. Only thing that really bugged me was one game where a nuke went off the cheater killed me before it went up and I spawned indoors so I couldn't admire the nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X