• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Expletive Deleted]
    replied
    Re: 2500 Cheaters banned from Modern Warfare 2

Originally posted by RangerXML
    Its people who unlocked the console playing with it. Watch carefully cause they will disappear from the game entirely one day (b&). I won't screw with the console until IW unlocks it.
    I don't think that's it. You can easily change your Steam name using Shift+Tab. So you'll see their names quickly change in the lobby. I've done it myself experimenting with the color codes.

Leave a comment:

• RangerXML
    replied

Originally posted by Vreki
    Question: I see a lot of namechanges scroll by while playing, but I don't recall seeing any option to change your name while playing.
    Is that evidence of hacking, or just some kind of bug/feature?
    Its people who unlocked the console playing with it. Watch carefully cause they will disappear from the game entirely one day (b&). I won't screw with the console until IW unlocks it.

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

Dont do it if you are the host though because it drops you as host and the game freezes up.

Crunch

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

Ok, thanks

Leave a comment:

• Piemaaan!
    replied

You just change your Steam name using Steam in-game

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

Question: I see a lot of namechanges scroll by while playing, but I don't recall seeing any option to change your name while playing.
    Is that evidence of hacking, or just some kind of bug/feature?

Leave a comment:

• [Expletive Deleted]
    replied

Originally posted by RangerXML
    Javelin was already fixed tonight in one of there mini patches.
    Yeah, I said that already. But it was only fixed for the PC. Microsoft and Sony still need to certify it on the consoles. At least my console friends say there hasn't been a ninja update for them that fixed it so far.

Leave a comment:

• RangerXML
    replied

Javelin was already fixed tonight in one of there mini patches.

Leave a comment:

• [Expletive Deleted]
    replied

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
    Found this one about the javelin glitch:

" @Stepto: While IW works on getting the MW2 glitch fixed, people we catch using it will recieve suspensions from LIVE. Play fair every ... "

Went to Steptos twitter page and he said the suspension can be up to two weeks.

Crunch
    Good. People were using it as super-Martyrdom on the PC and getting the top score without firing a shot all round.

I can't imagine how bad it must be on consoles, where a lot of the action is close-up.

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

Found this one about the javelin glitch:

" @Stepto: While IW works on getting the MW2 glitch fixed, people we catch using it will recieve suspensions from LIVE. Play fair every ... "

Went to Steptos twitter page and he said the suspension can be up to two weeks.

Crunch

Leave a comment:

• [Expletive Deleted]
    replied

As I submitted for news, it's already fixed on the PC version. One of the benefits to having no Microsoft or Sony in the way.

I tried it right before I submitted. The super speed isn't fixed, though.

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

From 402s tweet:

"Javelin Glitch fix currently in test. Once it's cleared, we'll be urging it through Microsoft & Sony certification as fast as possible"

Hopefully it includes PC.

Also, mentions this:

"First title update will be a big one. We've been taking notes since release and working. I'll post details before it ships"

Dont know if that means MW2 or something else as the guy he is responding to has his tweets blocked.

Crunch

Leave a comment:

• [Expletive Deleted]
    replied

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
    I have only come across one blatent hacker in my extravegent playing time, and one person who I was a little bit suspicious about (he was very good and had a couple of "dodgy" kills but nothing crazy).

I guess I get lucky when it comes to playing against ze cheatz0rz
    Up until they claimed VAC was banning 2500 cheaters, I hadn't seen any. Since then I've seen about 10 obvious and loads more suspicious players. The suspicious ones could have been in voice chat and someone else saw me, but when I'm using Cold-Blooded Pro, Ninja Pro, and a Silenced ACR(I hadn't fired a shot yet from that position, so there weren't any tracers either), I don't expect to see someone walking one direction and then spin 130 degrees to shoot me across Rundown for example.

This isn't my video, but it is an example of what some people have been seeing in this game:

Cheat free experience? I think not.

Leave a comment:

• =MNKY=Frosty
    replied

I have only come across one blatent hacker in my extravegent playing time, and one person who I was a little bit suspicious about (he was very good and had a couple of "dodgy" kills but nothing crazy).

I guess I get lucky when it comes to playing against ze cheatz0rz

Leave a comment:

• [Expletive Deleted]
    replied

I'm much more concerned about the rampant aimbotters and wallhackers than the lazy rank cheaters.
    They even laugh and taunt people because they know there is no one who can/will stop them.
    And no, it's not just people who are better than me. I fully realize that I am not the best player there is at this game. But when someone is head-shotting with an M16 through three buildings into people from across Overpass, there is a problem.

Between the kill cam and my clan mates spectating him while he killed my entire team with headshots in the first 20 seconds of a round... Praying for some Final Destination-style random act of death to befall these people.

This guy was changing his name every round, which isn't a crime or anything, but he was trying to justify his actions saying he'll stop when IW release dedicated servers. I've been seeing javelin, care package and lagswitch exploiters all use the same lame argument. They aren't hurting IW at all. IW already got the money. They're only being bastards to people trying to have fun in an already flawed game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X