Moretti or Park?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Moretti or Park?

Ironically, I placed much higher with the Park rifle than my Morretti.

2nd place in Thailand with Park, but 7th with Morretti. Lawlz.

Comment

shuiataiba- titan, (if anyone still plays it)

camp any of the flags from way out with the sniper. 90% of the time infantry think they are safe on that map because you are miles away -wrong.

Infact i think most of my headshot badge things were from that map.

Comment

Does everybody use body armor? I don't recall anybody not using it, but maybe that's just me that always uses it. It only helps against one extra bullet or that remaining 5HP after a close grenade.

If you're sniping with the Zeller it's a one shot kill on anything that moves without armor. Or you can tag along with the rest and wait for them to take some damage then take them out. Since it only leaves you with about 10 HP.

I only use the Zellar if I need to clear something on a Titan, it's great to support your troops attacking corridors by shooting sentries and APMs or RDXs.

The best is the Moretti because the scope has less obstructions unlike the Park. Also as I said it looks sexy.

Comment

Yeah those snipers are the same, but i prefer the park, maybe cuz PAC is my fav faction. But iam better with the moretty according to stats and yes its scope is wider. Although I rarely use the zeller it has a faster velocity then the starters, 900 m/s vs 600 m/s if i remember correctly. And the extra 15-20 dam is always a good bonus you could take in consideration.

Iam not mutch of a uber sniper but if their is one trick i can give you is to take your time, follow the hearth beat and aim for the head. When your scope is at the right level you mostly will get a good head shot.

The farthest kill i had with a sniper is 300/+ meters with 3 bullets. Dint get him head shot but I could barely see him. :gunsniper:

here is a nice picture scale of how you should level your scope according to the target:

Originally posted by jackal22
          shuiataiba- titan, (if anyone still plays it)

camp any of the flags from way out with the sniper. 90% of the time infantry think they are safe on that map because you are miles away -wrong.

Infact i think most of my headshot badge things were from that map.
          If I had a server I would only put shuiataiba, sidi rotation but thats just me. I always jump on a server that is playing shuia especially when its conquest! to bad so many maps are under played :|:
          Originally posted by -Shifty-
          Does everybody use body armor? I don't recall anybody not using it, but maybe that's just me that always uses it. It only helps against one extra bullet or that remaining 5HP after a close grenade.

If you're sniping with the Zeller it's a one shot kill on anything that moves without armor. Or you can tag along with the rest and wait for them to take some damage then take them out. Since it only leaves you with about 10 HP.

I only use the Zellar if I need to clear something on a Titan, it's great to support your troops attacking corridors by shooting sentries and APMs or RDXs.

The best is the Moretti because the scope has less obstructions unlike the Park. Also as I said it looks sexy.
          I never use body armor when i snipe in big maps, that extra sprint bonus saved my *** more then a couple of time with the camo! Also the recovery rate rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
            I haven't used body armor ever since I found out you can take it off. :laugh:

You can jump and sprint more which fits my playstyle perfectly, but most people will be just fine with regular armor. The difference isn't huge either way.

Comment

you survive a direct bodyshot with a zellar without armor with 1 hp left. I think bodyarmor is better for defending, where you aint gonna be mobile a lot and gotta take dammage, and light armor in all other situations. i like to move a lot, and i the quicker i am in cover again the better. though in normall public it doesnt matter if you use light or heavy armor for defending as those guys cant shoot anyways.

Comment

i am rarely sprinting around the map as a recon, i just pick my spot and move around within that area so i don't need the extra stamina that light armor brings. full armor all da way.

Comment

Body armour = support class. Nuff said, pretty useless for pretty much anything else.

Unless you are going counter-Zellar sniping.

Comment

minmaster it barely matters in shots you can take if it matters at all. body armor only gives you fewer chances to escape from rockets or chance to flee when you have been discover.

Comment

it matters a lot actually, when i snipe i often find myself with 10 or less health and that allows me to live long enough to snipe maybe 5-10 more guys. plus i rarely get rocketed when i snipe. i am good at seeing it early and hiding to avoid them.

Comment

Body armor is a very touchy subject. You're either good at running and avoiding fire, or you're good at standing your ground or assaulting that flag.

It's like saying, "Well if I see the rockets coming, I can run and avoid them." Here's what could happen:

- You don't avoid the rockets, and you do get killed.
                        - You avoid the rockers, and you don't get killed.

Simple right?

Now here's another situation of the same person wearing body armor:

- You hold your ground and get killed.
                        - You hold your ground and don't get killed.

Yeah that's a pretty cheap argument right? Well it's to show you it's all chance or skill. So you either always play that way and are amazing at it, or it's a luck situation.

Because armor is good for sprinting to get to that flag faster. But what if you get shot before you get there and that extra 10 HP would have saved you any maybe the flag?

But what if you're wearing armor and you get slowed down but you absorb all the damage and make it there?

Or vice versa.

I think it's better to have a squad (Since I'm a clan team player, not a loner) you can just have 3 have little armor, and rush, and 3 with armor cover.

I don't know though, what do you more experienced players think?

A pro lone sniper is the only thing I would really risk going no-armor without a squad. Staying far back and always having a place to pull back.

Comment

I only wear heavy armor as support or engi. Otherwise my play style requires me to be fast and nimble, which I am not if I'm wearing heavy body armor. You quickly learn how to jump and dodge as recon with light armor. It's hilarious when you can run up to a noob who's spraying their voss and they can't hit you and you manage to take their tags. My best moments are when I'm able to tag someone who can't hit me with their shotty.

Comment

does anyone know why the shotgun has a little scope / view thingy on top? You can't even zoom with it...

I also think the scope on the carbine isn't that useful. Although I do like the Zeller.

Comment

Originally posted by RanCorX2
                              does anyone know why the shotgun has a little scope / view thingy on top? You can't even zoom with it...
                              Must have been a design error at the concept stage. The designer put a nice scope on it but someone reminded him that, 'it's pointless scoping a shotgun', but he couldn't be assed taking it off.

What would be cool is if the RDX shotgun wasn't a separate gun but an attachment for the Clark and button 2 fired the glowballs.

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac
                                Must have been a design error at the concept stage. The designer put a nice scope on it but someone reminded him that, 'it's pointless scoping a shotgun', but he couldn't be assed taking it off.

What would be cool is if the RDX shotgun wasn't a separate gun but an attachment for the Clark and button 2 fired the glowballs.
                                even that has a useless iron sight on top.

Comment

Working...
                                X