Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IW.net vs. New MP Players

Originally posted by Kodakk
    I've found that to be quite true, and often times they can't even do that right. It's just amazing to see the transition in games. I remember back when I used to play DF:BHD - my first online game ever - and people communicated, played for the objective (there was no ranking system), and were mature. Now, I find it to be the opposite, everybody is so concerned with their own score that they are immature, rude, and don't play for the team. I've even encountered a lot of kids saying "bg/bad game" at the end of games when they lose - this was never the case back in the good 'ol BHD days.
    Battlefield was my first big time FPS and when BF2 came out, it was all about rank then and teamwork just wasn't going to happen.

I do like, even though you get points for everything, how you get points for doing things. Shoot down something and get points, get shot at with riot shield and someone else takes the shooter out, you get points....

I dont think a better description of the game mode is going to solve the issue you are talking about Kodakk. Sometimes people just want to wander aimlessly.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
      Battlefield was my first big time FPS and when BF2 came out, it was all about rank then and teamwork just wasn't going to happen.

I do like, even though you get points for everything, how you get points for doing things. Shoot down something and get points, get shot at with riot shield and someone else takes the shooter out, you get points....

I dont think a better description of the game mode is going to solve the issue you are talking about Kodakk. Sometimes people just want to wander aimlessly.

Crunch
      You're right, there will be people who do regardless of what tutorials they watch. However, one final example that I have is the fact that I've been playing with a few of my old friends recently, and there have been countless times where they've confused sabotage with search and destroy, or demolition with sabotage, etc. and I think that if they were properly introduced to the gametypes it could help solve some of those issues.

All in all, it won't be solved completely -mainly because of the ranking system where players play to rank up and not as a team.

Comment

Put in points for teamwork, baddah bing

Comment

Originally posted by Nate556
          Put in points for teamwork, baddah bing
          That's what I've been thinking. More points for playing like a team than running about shooting boolet might help with the situation.

Comment

Thats a pretty good idea, Frosty. Maybe a little side bar just stating what the game is about while waiting for the map to load. Nothing major or overly complicated, but a few rules like, "If you do not capture flags, you will not win." and "Defuse the bomb with the F key or you will lose."

I think that would be nice for the newbs

Crunch
            Yeah, something nice and easy just to explain the basics on what is going on. Not a step by step like BF2 or BF2142 maybe just a little vid.

Comment

...but it seems like a nitpick thing myself...
              I agree completely.

Can't we all just agree that the game isn't as bad as we all thought it would be? Every thread that goes up lately about MW2 has been something that someone has found slightly wrong with the game, or found something to complain about IW or Activision. Come on already, give it a rest, no one cares anymore about your complaints, the game is a sucess, your constant whines and gripes about IWNet, IW, Steam or Activison, really don't matter.

So can we all just play the game, and admit, that despite the fact that we don't have dedicated servers, which quite frankly isn't all that bad, that once again IW and Activision have delivered us a solid game?

Comment

Originally posted by DarK'
                I agree completely.

Can't we all just agree that the game isn't as bad as we all thought it would be? Every thread that goes up lately about MW2 has been something that someone has found slightly wrong with the game, or found something to complain about IW or Activision. Come on already, give it a rest, no one cares anymore about your complaints, the game is a sucess, your constant whines and gripes about IWNet, IW, Steam or Activison, really don't matter.

So can we all just play the game, and admit, that despite the fact that we don't have dedicated servers, which quite frankly isn't all that bad, that once again IW and Activision have delivered us a solid game?
                I think you have taken this post completely out of perspective, all the OP was saying is that IW is catering towards the casual gamer and therefore simply thowing them into games like S+D without any sort of "introduction" seems to go against the "<3 love Casual Gamers" trend.

Infact Kodakk never even slated the game itself, and quite frankly (although this may sound stupid) I am quite sick and tired of the people who are saying "Get over it the game is good", since that's the kind of attitude which will se IW.Net being used with every release of CoD on the PC at this rate. We do not want that.

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                  I think you have taken this post completely out of perspective, all the OP was saying is that IW is catering towards the casual gamer and therefore simply thowing them into games like S+D without any sort of "introduction" seems to go against the "<3 love Casual Gamers" trend.

Infact Kodakk never even slated the game itself, and quite frankly (although this may sound stupid) I am quite sick and tired of the people who are saying "Get over it the game is good", since that's the kind of attitude which will se IW.Net being used with every release of CoD on the PC at this rate. We do not want that.
                  Gracias sir. :salute:

Comment

Well lets face it kid, IWNet has been a success, or atleast for now it has been. The only people that complain about it, are the people hellbent on dedicated servers. It's time to accept the fact that things change.

"We do not want that"

You should speak for yourself, I consider myself apart of the avid CoD gaming community, but I'm not hellbent on dedicated servers, hell this game completely ruined my tournament (BFE) because we were banking on this game to make a come back. And yet, I'm still content with IWNet, keeps all the immature and kiddie admins from kicking me from the server for kicking their ***. IWNet does have its advantages, and its disadvantages, as does everything in life. But in time, everyone will come around to the fact that things like IWNet are going to be seen in plenty of games to come. It's the beginning of a new future for online gaming, and quite frankly I don't see it as a bad thing.

And my original post wasn't just directed at Kodak.

Comment

Alright, let's keep it on topic guys. :thumbsup:

All I was trying to say was that new users should be introduced to the gametypes, especially if IW is targeting the game towards the casual players. I did not intend to critic the game in any other way.

Comment

I am not sure how you define success, if success is counted in a monetary value, then yes IWNet is a success, if however it is judged on those stupid bars when you press tab, or the 20 seconds of changing host, or the obvious advantages a host gains, or the fact that moders can't even create mods from it, or the fact that you can't kick genuine cheaters and genuine idiots from your game, then I think you will see it is quite far from a success.

Anyway back to the topic on hand, it would be neat if you could have a small video in the loading screen explaining the gametype, just quick and to the point with an obvious setting to turn it off once you understand all the gametypes.

Comment

I am not sure how you define success, if success is counted in a monetary value, then yes IWNet is a success, if however it is judged on those stupid bars when you press tab, or the 20 seconds of changing host, or the obvious advantages a host gains, or the fact that moders can't even create mods from it, or the fact that you can't kick genuine cheaters and genuine idiots from your game, then I think you will see it is quite far from a success.

Anyway back to the topic on hand, it would be neat if you could have a small video in the loading screen explaining the gametype, just quick and to the point with an obvious setting to turn it off once you understand all the gametypes.
                          Sorry, but I have to rebutle.

In this world, monetary value goes much further than peoples opinions.

I don't know where you play, but like I said in another thread, I've had about 3 times where the server I was playing screwed up...I've come into contact with possibly 1 or 2 cheaters, and as for idiots, there's always going to be idiots. Here's advice though for the next time you come into contact with cheaters or idiots, back out of the game, and join a new one, wow that was simple.

As for mods, I've actually heard and watched a youtube video which I believe was posted here of a group of kids that found a way to mod the game...so that's really not a valid reason IWNet is unsuccessful.

But to each his own, you have your opinion, and I have mine. :thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
                          X