No announcement yet.

so how have they dealt with nade spam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so how have they dealt with nade spam?

for those of you who are playing the beta, has there been anything done to alleviate nade spam?

specifically, are you able to constantly resupply nades through ammo hub or supply crates (is there even one?). how many nades do you carry and are there any unlocks that give you more? can you resupply from dead soldier's kits?

i think MW2 did pretty good job with nades by nerfing their blast a little and limiting it to one. i don't seem to die from nades as much as previous COD, i hope BF has done something similar.

Re: so how have they dealt with nade spam?

Basically the assault class drops the ammo and you typically only carry 1 grenade (that is one that you throw)

an assault guy for instance will have 1 grenade and then 2 for his nade launcher

resupply isn't stupidly fast and you get a grenade indicator (as well as a nice sound effect shout of GRREENNAADDE) if one lands near you but its not stupidly obvious.

You can quickly pick up an assault guys kit, chuck down an ammo crate and then swap back if thats what you mean for dead soldier kits.

But grenades aren't too bad, I haven't actually witnessed any real abuse, you will see people using nades mostly for taking out defensive positions and getting rid of walls or cover. There are a lot of instances where, you see someone in a small hut and you won't go in to shoot him you will simply and instinctively blow the structure away, or at least try to.

Then again this is only 24 players, BF2 had bad nade spam imo because people overcrowded the maps and each class had too many nades; but its working out very well so far in the beta.

Comment

ugh so nades are resupplyable, eh?. i was hoping they weren't.

Comment

yeh the recharge time on them seems ok though, nades aren't resupplied that quickly tbh and you only get 1, if you want more you have to use a class mod which could be better used for something else

nade launchers aren't even spammed that much tbh

Comment

just wait for larger player counts, it will get spammy.

Comment

yeh thats my only concern, I think it will work fine with 32 people, not sure about going beyond that though

Comment

That's better then having 3 nades and instant resupply like in BF2.

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXeceK-HdB0[/media]

Gotta love it.

Comment

I'm going to assume it will be something like BC1, and I don't recall any nade spam at all. Be it they aren't as powerful as they were in BF2, or they dissipate better.

Comment

Nade Spam will not be as much of a problem as BF2!! I've spent a decent amount of time playing the beta and point blank, the distance you can throw a nade has drastically decreased.

Lets not forget and important fact. When comparing BC2 to BF2, please keep in mind that guns work the way they are supposed to. No more random deviation or horrible hit boxes. Like others have stated, grenade launchers and nades arent spammed or even used as much? Why? Because its easier to shoot!! Bullets are more effective!! Scratch that, bullets ARE effective and cannot be compared to the likes of BF2. The hit detection is more on point with the COD series.

Comment

First thing I'm doing is grabbing an M16A4 with an M203, blowing a wall and rushing into the building to take out everybody. This could be awesome

Imagine a spec op, an assault guy a medic and whatever. Spec op blows the wall and they all go in and clear it. Then blow the building as they leave.

On a side note:

w00t 2000 posts

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
                        First thing I'm doing is grabbing an M16A4 with an M203, blowing a wall and rushing into the building to take out everybody. This could be awesome

Imagine a spec op, an assault guy a medic and whatever. Spec op blows the wall and they all go in and clear it. Then blow the building as they leave
                        Awesome in theory. In practice (pub play), this is how it will go:

Spec ops guy plants C4 on the wall, tells everyone to move so he can blow it. One guy refuses to move because he's a retard. Spec ops guy blows the C4, retard dies and punishes for the TK. As soon as there's a hole in the wall, assault chucks a grenade in and then the medic charges right on top of it and gets killed. Spec ops guy just stands there because he's busy typing out profanities and racial slurs at the guy who punished for the TK. Assault guy rushes in as spec ops guy gets headshotted by a sniper. Friendly helicopter sees gunfire and thinks there must be some points to be gotten so he lights up the building, destroying the entire thing as well as TKing the assault guy, only to learn that there was never any enemies in the building to begin with.

Before you think I'm kidding, some of the people I've played would probably do this at their own base... :cry:

Comment

more likely the recon guy accidentally calls in a mortar strike on his own position

goodbye all in that case

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                            more likely the recon guy accidentally calls in a mortar strike on his own position

goodbye all in that case
                            They can do that in this game? :shock:

*Note to self: Do not travel with any recon players ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                              just wait for larger player counts, it will get spammy.
                              yeah cause you're forced to play on those servers amirite guise? lols

Comment

Working...
                              X