• Show
Clear All

Re: Field of view

360 degrees is the only way I play.

"360° - The way it's meant to be played"

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
      Have you seen how 130-140 degrees looks like? I know no game that supports more then 100 degrees and doesn't look retarded.
      ARMA 2 looks nice with triple monitors.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopardi
        ARMA 2 looks nice with triple monitors.
        Yeah my limited perception of gaming, made me assume FOV tweaks being used on one monitor. You are correct FOV of 180 with 3 monitors would look ok.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
          Have you seen how 130-140 degrees looks like? I know no game that supports more then 100 degrees and doesn't look retarded.
          erm, I dunno but try Borderlands FOV (feels like 135), got a real shock at first & took some getting used too.

Comment

Try Quake Live (hey it's free) and you can get a fov up to 130. I play with 120 myself, and would love to use it in pretty much any other game. :P

Comment

I couldn't play with 3 monitors.

Comment

Borderlands 135 degrees? I think your definition of field of view is off. The lower the number, the more narrow the view.
                Borderlands, by default, suffers from tunnel vision. I think the default FOV was somewhere below 80. I had to tweak it to 110 on a widescreen before I could actually play

FOV lower than 100 on a widescreen simply doesn't make sense.

At higher FOV's on a 4:3 monitor, it does tend to look 'retarded', although I wouldn't describe it that way (I'd say it's trippy). Once you get used to it, however, there's no going back to 90 or lower. It's simply a lot more comfortable to play with.

Comment

Borderlands default FOV is 85 degrees, it made me sick playing at that FOV so I change it with cfg files to 110.

Comment

Working...
                  X