• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What bothers me most about MW2...

and in a decade or two, games will be more demanding

Comment

Originally posted by Dan2k3k4
      No one would complain about P2P if everyone had at least 768 kbps constant upload speed... and within a decade or so, everyone will be at those speeds...
      Its not only about the bandwith. A server hosting company will usuallly be "closer" to the internet, while the average private customer will have a bunch of router, hubs, gateways, DSLAMs or whatever before they reach the internet backbone.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis
        It worked fine in CoD4. People play on big servers all the time. I still don't understand why you people keep defending reduced player counts. It's just an argument that you won't win, especially when you make it seem like you can't play 6v6, even though the limit is 25vs25. What can't you understand? lol
        Throwing all map balance and re-spawn balance out the window is not my idea of a good or amusing map. Its like TF2 with fast re-spawn servers, throws the spawn balance out the window.

Also, the p2p system struggles enough to find a good host for everyone with 12 people, think what 50 would be like.

Comment

I almost forgot: It bothers me that host migration has an 80% failure rate.
          You might as well save some time and quit as soon as it starts

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
            I almost forgot: It bothers me that host migration has an 80% failure rate.
            You might as well save some time and quit as soon as it starts
            Yeah, thats getting on my nerves also. It spazzes out and dumps you.

For me, its been more at 60%, but thats still a lot.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by [GCA]Tim270
              Throwing all map balance and re-spawn balance out the window is not my idea of a good or amusing map. Its like TF2 with fast re-spawn servers, throws the spawn balance out the window.

Also, the p2p system struggles enough to find a good host for everyone with 12 people, think what 50 would be like.
              That's all fine and dandy, but guess what? Player limit =/= minimum number of players.

Can you still play on normal respawn servers in TF, even though fast respawn servers exist? Sure you can. Can you still play 10vs10 in BF2, even though the limit is 64? Yup! If you find 25vs25 completely unbalanced in CoD4, can you still play on a 5vs5 server? Yes, you can.

So how does increasing the player limit affect you? It doesn't. You're never forced to play on a server with high limit. However, people like me, who enjoy 50+ people on the server, are being forced to play on servers with a small limit.

That's why I have no idea why people like you decide to be against it. If you're against it, you're against having more options. Do you know who else is against having more options? Infinity Ward, LoL. Which is why 50 limit wouldn't work on MW2, simply because of P2P. However, if they weren't so against choice, we could have had dedicated servers, which would easily support 50+

That being said, Warrock is P2P, yet it supports up to 32 people. Plus, it's free. And it doesn't have match making. And it has free updates. Sounds like a better deal than getting MW2 for $60 and paying for DLC. Too bad there's so many hackers, though.

Comment

THE MAP SIZE DOES NOT MATTER! We should have 50 player options. Jesus. 50 players would be INSANELY fun! 50 player Showdown on cod4 was amazingggglllyyy fun. Again, NO ONE SAID YOU HAD TO PLAY WITH THAT MANY PEOPLE.

Comment

Is it just me, or does it freaking rain money when you die?

THAT pisses me off.......

Comment

I think I figured it out. The money comes from people who have done a revenge kill and its Payback. So when the money flies, the killer killed the last person that killed them.

So there you go

Also, in the Russian airport, if you shoot the registers, american $100s come out.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I'm annoyed because

1) I cannot play on one server, with my friends and meet new friends, fosters a real community that is part and parcel with the PC.

2) I cannot play the maps I want, on the gametype I want. Sometimes you want to play the same map over, how do I do this?

3) I cannot create mods for the game so I can enjoy it the way I want with my friends - which I always have done.

4) I cannot enjoy the new content from other players.

5) I suffer from lag. It looks like its running smooth, its not because sometimes you shoot someone and they do not die.

Long story short - they have destroyed the general community in terms of competitive play and creativity from modding, and micro communities.

Simply so they could rip ££s from us to pawn dlc.

Comment

The late arrival of the no dedicated servers announcement was suspicious to me. I fully believe they intended to hide that fact until release, so as not to lose sales. After watching all the vids and reading all the details, I was really looking forward to playing the new game ... but almost did not buy it because of what I viewed as an attempt to deceive the PC fan base. :R

That said, I'm enjoying MW2 overall, but a couple things I don't like.

Cons:
                        - Matchmaking does not allow you to choose what map you want to play, does not allow you to kick cheating/disruptive players, and does not allow you to customize the game rules (tactical, pistol only, sniper only, no marty, no 2nd chance, etc etc) :shakehead:

- Matchmaking does not allow me to continue gaming on servers that have built a community in COD 4 and 5 :slap:

- Matchmaking doesn't allow my whole gaming clan to play against another clan because of the limited player slots

- No lean :2bitchslap:

- No M1911 .45. :jawdrop: Sure, we have the USP .45, but the classic .45 is the definition of a cool handgun

- Killstreak rewards are too powerful, COD4 killstreak did not take this much focus off infantry combat. Airstrike? Chopper? Predator missile? Ok, fine, add some variety. But too much and the focus changes to antiair, which is lame. It only pads the best players stats and gets them MORE killstreak rewards.

- All maps not available for all game modes

- Hardcore not available for all game modes

Pros:

- Nice weapon selection

- Attachments being unlocked by use of other attachments is a nice touch, adds depth to MP

- Wider variety of perks allows better customization to player style

- Matchmaking works quickly for the most part

- Game looks great, lighting is excellent, little things like paper blowing through the streets, dust hanging in the air from explosions, etc add feel of realism

- Weapons sound great, satisfying to shoot

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                          I think I figured it out. The money comes from people who have done a revenge kill and its Payback. So when the money flies, the killer killed the last person that killed them.

So there you go

Also, in the Russian airport, if you shoot the registers, american $100s come out.

Crunch
                          So EVERY time I get killed it Payback? Yeh sure....... But why MONEY and not blood! Freakin arcadey type..... ugh....

Comment

Working...
                          X