What bothers me most about MW2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What bothers me most about MW2...

aside from the dedicated servers thing, is how we were told within a month before release.

I just dont understand that. From looking at all the questions and answers from the months prior, its almost like IW was smacked with this information at the last moment. Like some other group was working on IWnet and Activision went to IW and said, "We made this thing called IWnet, implement it."

I doubt thats what happend, but would it have been so different and severe if they came public with this information in the beginning? Just said while announcing MW2, "Not only is the sequal going to be out in November, but we are doing something totally different."

I know some will say that IW wanted pre-sales, but look how fast and easy people cancelled. Some could not, thats true, but that wasn't a large percentage. Not to mention that those that could not cancel were able to sale the game or exchange it later because they did not open it.

What are your thoughts? What bothered you the most? For those that have it and are playing it, what do you not like?

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: What bothers me most about MW2...

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
    What are your thoughts? What bothered you the most? For those that have it and are playing it, what do you not like?

Crunch
    I think it was a dastardly deed intended to maximize profit. The game had reached the final stages of hype, and they didn't expect anyone but a minority to notice the change. And they may have been right, people on the forums are the not-silent-at-all minority.

With regards to the game itself, it kind of annoys me how they hide the lag. It feels nice and smooth, but then suddenly you have a situation where you have emptied your gun into a foe, just to have the killcam show you that you didn't fire at all.

Comment

A quick summary of the game after playing it for a week or so.

Pros -
      Good maps, well balanced (mostly), a good amount of them.
      Player size, as much as people complain, its a lot better like this.
      More customization - never hurts to have more
      No 'house rules' or admins to put up with.
      Spec ops
      Fairly decent SP.

Cons-
      Matching making often takes quite a while to find a game and/or matches you with a host (depending on area) that in my experience is usually 150+ ping.
      Repetitive - Although there are new guns and small new twists to the gameplay, its still the same game, still plays the game, if not a little slower.
      Killstreaks really hammer down on a team that is not doing well.

Overall im left with mixed feelings about the game, technically its a decent game, although you can argue p2p is a huge downside, which does not seem to be the case. Personally, If you have played MW + WAW dont expect much that is new or different apart from visuals.

Matchmaking to dedicated servers would be have been a much improved experience!

Comment

Originally posted by [GCA]Tim270
        Killstreaks really hammer down on a team that is not doing well.
        On the Pro side, you can now counter killstreaks rather well.
        Cold Blooded means they dont bother you much, and a Stinger means you are looking forward to them

Comment

Player size is a problem! No one said that everyone must play 25 vs 25....Not offering 50 player matches is just STTTUUUPPPIIIDDD! The option should be there. Being able to select maps when looking for a server needs to be there too. Obviously dedicated servers. Single player was still way to short.(but really fun)

Comment

Hosting on the PS3 seems to be much worse than CoD4/W@W, had 8/10 games finish early all because of the lack migrating hosts. Especially annoying when the host just ups and leaves and the game ends since there are no suitable hosts. Even in europe most of my games have been hosted in the US since our upload speeds arent as high in places.

Originally posted by Vreki
            *snip*

With regards to the game itself, it kind of annoys me how they hide the lag. It feels nice and smooth, but then suddenly you have a situation where you have emptied your gun into a foe, just to have the killcam show you that you didn't fire at all.
            Pretty sure alot of others have experienced that and all hate it with a passion.

Originally posted by ShadowX8001
            Player size is a problem! No one said that everyone must play 25 vs 25....Not offering 50 player matches is just STTTUUUPPPIIIDDD!
            If they added that for the PC then they would have to either reduce the points througout the gamemodes or increase the experience gap. Tbh i dont think many of the maps would be able to to support 50 people it would certainly be overcrowded in places making killstreaks too easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
              If they added that for the PC then they would have to either reduce the points througout the gamemodes or increase the experience gap. Tbh i dont think many of the maps would be able to to support 50 people it would certainly be overcrowded in places making killstreaks too easy.
              Exactly, if they are going to design and balance all the maps to be able to accommodate 50 players, then fine. Having 50 people crammed into a 12 man map is not going to work.

Comment

I think a 24 player cap would be best, not none of this 4 vs 4 or 6 vs 6 or 8 vs 8 or 9 vs 9 crap like we got now.

Comment

I think the game they have made is very good. The ****ty P2P system is what lets it down. I mean, the game is pretty much flawless, pretty balanced weaponry (although Silenced Snipers and the Model 1887 are a little crazy), but in general balanced.

However I feel the maps are utter tripe. When I think back to CoD4 I can think of truely great maps, like Crash, Strike, Vacant, Backlot, District, even Chinatown to some extent. But with the maps on MW2, they are good but there is nothing that springs to mind as a great map, they are all just sort of meh or **** (estate makes me want to cut myself).

But I can hardly complain, I am halfway through my first level of prestige and having a blast, I wish me and my clan could have a nice =MNKY= server or two, but I guess it wasn't to be.

So back to topic, what grinds me most about MW2, aside from maps, is ofcourse the P2P, it works but dear god I want my server browser :<

Comment

Originally posted by [GCA]Tim270
                    Exactly, if they are going to design and balance all the maps to be able to accommodate 50 players, then fine. Having 50 people crammed into a 12 man map is not going to work.
                    It worked fine in CoD4. People play on big servers all the time. I still don't understand why you people keep defending reduced player counts. It's just an argument that you won't win, especially when you make it seem like you can't play 6v6, even though the limit is 25vs25. What can't you understand? lol

reduce player counts = reduced options = bad

that's all there is to it

Comment

i agree, many of the maps are too small to accommodate more players than the current limit. even now i feel some of the maps are too cramped and the action is too close. the maps need to get bigger before any player limit increase is considered.

Comment

I actually think it was a last minute ditch effort from IW.

They saw how the community reacted when there was a RUMOR that the pc version was going to be held back until later in the year and i think IW didnt want this to happen because they wanted their money NOW. This is why they screwed over the PC game and simply made it a straight port.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                          I actually think it was a last minute ditch effort from IW.

They saw how the community reacted when there was a RUMOR that the pc version was going to be held back until later in the year and i think IW didnt want this to happen because they wanted their money NOW. This is why they screwed over the PC game and simply made it a straight port.
                          I'm too lazy at the moment to look it up, but I think the delay rumor was started after the game had already gone gold. So even if that rumor was true, the game would not have been changed between then and release day. Three weeks before the game was released is when the **** started hitting the fan, which is about 1-2 weeks after the game went gold. The only time there would be any changes is after the game has been released and a day/month one patch is released. Again, too lazy to look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by ThIrD-EyE
                            I'm too lazy at the moment to look it up, but I think the delay rumor was started after the game had already gone gold. So even if that rumor was true, the game would not have been changed between then and release day. Three weeks before the game was released is when the **** started hitting the fan, which is about 1-2 weeks after the game went gold. The only time there would be any changes is after the game has been released and a day/month one patch is released. Again, too lazy to look it up.
                            In the Best Buy interview they stated the PC version wasn't finished.

Comment

No one would complain about P2P if everyone had at least 768 kbps constant upload speed... and within a decade or so, everyone will be at those speeds...

Comment

Working...
                              X